Electric COPO Camaro (1 Viewer)

Actual worth 50K, what's it going to sell for ??
1 of 1 someone with deep pockets will pay way too much.
what do you do with it ? run brackets............
Can not drive it around which would be cool.

I wonder why it isn’t street legal? It will pass any state emissions test. How is it different than a Tesla or any other electric car. I guess the buyer can put a throttle stop on it and run SG or Super Street.

I wonder why it isn’t street legal? It will pass any state emissions test. How is it different than a Tesla or any other electric car. I guess the buyer can put a throttle stop on it and run SG or Super Street.
I'd think a little tuning with a lap top and you could set it to 9.90 all day long.

The price at auction is inversely proportional to the number of miles it will ever drive in the future.

Compaq Computer was one of my clients during the dawn of the portable computer. I was given two of the first prototypes many years ago by the CEO who I was friends with (first portable, first laptop) .... I threw them away a few years ago ... like having the first kleenex, I guess.... but they were small enough for Alan to throw very far.....

The price at auction is inversely proportional to the number of miles it will ever drive in the future.

Compaq Computer was one of my clients during the dawn of the portable computer. I was given two of the first prototypes many years ago by the CEO who I was friends with (first portable, first laptop) .... I threw them away a few years ago ... like having the first kleenex, I guess.... but they were small enough for Alan to throw very far.....
I have to believe with all the car collectors out there the first of anything Camaro is worth a lot.

Could it be licensed as a "salvage car"?

I'm not an expert but, it's my understanding that (at least in Arizona) without a VIN it would never be able to be registered. And I can't speak directly to this car but the COPOs to my knowledge don't have things like air bags and other equipment that would make them "Off Highway Use Only"

Please if I'm wrong someone correct me.
Alan

I think that's right Alan. Lady at work has a Honda w/ salvage title, but it was re-built from a wreck. I guess I was thinking, what if you find a 1932 Ford in the desert, just the shell. How do you register it? Thought maybe that could be done with the Lectric, but guess not.

I have bought back several salvaged vehicles from the insurance company and got them re-registered. The operative word here is RE-registered. They had to be signed off on Brakes - Lights - and Glass and in our case Smog. This car most likely could be made street legal as a special construction vehicle, but it would need to have everything required on a 2019 vehicle and it would then not be a Camaro but a specially constructed vehicle.

You may or may not be able to make it legal for the street, but is it designed to be street driven? The electric drive system might not be designed for extended run times and street driving.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back