DSR / Pro Stock / Richie Stevens (1 Viewer)

Johnny Mopar

Nitro Member
There seems to be a total lack of respect and attention given towards Richie Stevens...by his employer! Just go to the DSR site Don Schumacher Racing and look for any mention of Richie in the News headlines from pre-season testing and most recently from Pomona. He's no where to be seen! It's obvious that if it doesn't burn Nitro, it doesn't get coverage at DSR. I sent a note to DSR about the lack of attention Richie receives, but my note received the same attention...none!

Hats off to Allen & Roy Johnson for turning Richie in to a competitive participant in the class. I'd highly suggest they adopt Richie full-time and sever the ties with DSR. The poorly managed and poorly executed Pro Stock effort at DSR has proven to be good for only one thing...laughs!

Thanks Kelly,

This is exactly what I'm referring to. The reference to 'as the season continues' is evidence they're not paying any attention to Richie. The season started a month ago with testing...that they covered for the Fuel teams. If Mopar is paying them (and the Johnson) to field the car, the least they could do is act like they're paying attention to the car and driver.

Please know that I'm not a 'brand x' guy that's hammering DSR, I'm a life long Mopar guy. This is such a shame. We went from having the best driver in the class (Jeggie), one of the all time best tuner/drivers (Glidden) and a real up-and-comer (Richie) to where we're at today. It's nothing short of amazing....:mad:

Yeah, sometimes things don't happen as quickly as we'd like. Maybe they're working out some kinks. Hell, I'm still waiting for more Brut Revolution stuff to end up in the online store. Patience, grasshoppa'! :p ;)

Kelly...the reality is they promoted the heck out their Pro Stock effort until it all blew up in their face last year. Now that they actually have a competitive car, they don't even cover it on their own site.

The story they gave you about Mopar handling it on their site doesn't float. They'll cut & paste articles on their fuel teams, by other writers and sites, but won't even mention Richie. Pretty poor...

If they won't promote their own driver, then I wish Mopar would pull all their Pro Stock dollars from DSR and give them to someone (read: Johnson) who values those dollars and are proud enough of them to promote them.

ritcihe is a great driver, on of the best out there, and always respectfull in interviews, hed make a great 3rd driver for the summit team:D :D , he definatly deserves more respect seriuosly though.

Richie didn't even know if he was going to be driving for J&J until Dec 15th.I also think this whole deal is under the wings of Mopar,not Don.

I guess I should apologize for my rant. I just feel bad for Richie. Look at all the crap that surrounded DSR's Pro Stock effort in the last 18 months, and yet Richie stayed true to his employer and didn't jump ship. (after the Glidden fiasco, who would have blamed him if he did jump ship!)

The very LEAST Richie should receive from his employer is their ATTENTION.

Bobby....your reference to the 'DSR Umbrella' is ironic. At one point, that reference was impressive, now it has very little meaning.

Go Richie....GO!!!

but he's under the umbrella . . . right . . .????

Maybe this is the umbrella....

jl_050405_01.jpg

I guess I should apologize for my rant. I just feel bad for Richie. Look at all the crap that surrounded DSR's Pro Stock effort in the last 18 months, and yet Richie stayed true to his employer and didn't jump ship. (after the Glidden fiasco, who would have blamed him if he did jump ship!)

The very LEAST Richie should receive from his employer is their ATTENTION.

Bobby....your reference to the 'DSR Umbrella' is ironic. At one point, that reference was impressive, now it has very little meaning.

Go Richie....GO!!!

You're still ranting. :D :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back