DSR Pre-Race Report: Denver (1 Viewer)

DSR logo.jpg

Denver Pre-Race Report
NHRA Mile-High Nationals
Event 11 of 22
Bandimere Speedway
Morrison, Colo.
July 15-17, 2022

TONY SCHUMACHER: Driver of the Maynard Family/Kaizen Collision Centers Top Fuel Dragster
Tony 1.jpg

Denver Event Highlights:
Three-time event champion (2005, 2008, 2016)
Six-time runner-up (1997, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011, 2015)
2014 No. 1 Qualifier
2018 Denver Recap:
Qualified seventh; First round exit (defeated by Doug Kalitta in E1)
Note: Did Not Compete in 2019, 2021; 2020 canceled due to COVID-19
Last Event (Norwalk):
Qualified 14th; First round exit (defeated by Mike Salinas in E1)
Career Statistics:
522 races; 85 event wins; 88 No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
This weekend will mark Schumacher’s first time competing in Denver since 2018
As NHRA Camping World Series event No. 11, Denver marks the final race of the first half of the 22-race season
The Mile-High Nationals also serves as the kick-off to the three-race Western Swing
Schumacher is a nine-time winner on the Swing with three Denver triumphs, two wins in Sonoma, and four in Seattle
Schumacher is part of an elite group of seven Camping World Series competitors who can claim to have ‘swept the Swing’ when he won the trio of Denver/Sonoma/Seattle events in 2008
The Maynard Family/Kaizen Collision Centers car will feature a special ‘A Soldier’s Child’ decal throughout the Denver race weekend
A Soldier’s Child is a national nonprofit organization that aims to serve the children of fallen military personnel who lost their lives while on active duty
Joe and Cathi Maynard have been involved with A Soldier's Child since 2008
Earlier this season, Schumacher and Ron Capps flew to Tennessee to attend the Maynard’s annual fundraising event where they helped to raise more than $230K for the cause

Quotable:
“I can’t wait to get the Western Swing started this week. We’ve front-halved our car since the Norwalk race and we have new pipe on it, so it should go out and run really quick this weekend. It’s been rough the last few races, but I think we’ve reached a turning point where we have a good handle on the car, and our performance on the race track should finally start reflecting that. I’m fortunate enough to be one of the few people out there to have swept the Western Swing, and that’s a cool thing. This three-race swing is always one of my favorite parts of the season. Bandimere Speedway is one of my favorite tracks and is definitely one of the most scenic on the circuit. And, from there we go straight to Sonoma, which is just an absolutely gorgeous part of the country, and up to Seattle where I've had a lot of success over the years."

About Don Schumacher Racing
Established in 1998, Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) has grown to become the winningest organization in NHRA Drag Racing history, and further cemented its position as one of motorsports’ elite teams when it surpassed the ‘350 wins’ milestone during the 2020 season. DSR owns 19 world championships in three different NHRA categories, and including hall-of-fame team owner Don Schumacher’s five NHRA Funny Car triumphs from the 1970s, DSR has been successful in capturing 366 national event victories overall.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR campaigns the Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series with fan-favorite Tony Schumacher at the helm. As an eight-time world champion and 85-time NHRA national event winner, Schumacher is the most decorated Top Fuel driver of all time.
DSR also campaigns three entries in the Factory Stock Showdown Series. The trio of DSR Dodge Drag Paks is piloted by former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk, David Davies, who made his NHRA debut with DSR in 2021, and Warren Walcher, who is set to compete in his first full FSS season in 2022.
For more information, visit shoeracing.com, or Follow Us @shoeracing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back