DSR Pre-Race Report: Charlotte 1 (1 Viewer)

DSR logo.jpg

Charlotte 1 Pre-Race Report
Circle K NHRA Four-Wide Nationals

Event 6 of 22
zMAX Dragway
Concord, N.C.
April 29 – May 1, 2022

TONY SCHUMACHER Driver of the Maynard Family Racing/Okuma Top Fuel Dragster
Tony 19.jpg

Charlotte 1 Event Highlights:
Two-time runner-up (2012, 2017)
2018 Charlotte 1 Recap (last Charlotte Four-Wide appearance):
Qualified second; First round exit (defeated by Dom Lagana, Clay Millican in E1)
Last Event (Houston):
Qualified eighth; First round exit (defeated by Mike Salinas in E1)
Career Statistics:
517 races; 85 event wins; 88 No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
Schumacher enjoyed a solid showing at the Las Vegas Four-Wide Nationals earlier this month, having advanced to the final elimination quad
Quotable:
“I’m looking forward to getting back to Charlotte, and the four-wide style of racing. We had a really good outing in Vegas when we ran four-wide there a few weeks ago, and advanced to the final quad. I’m getting used to racing that way; it’s only taken me 15 some odd years to get used to racing four-wide but it’s actually more fun than I had remembered. Up until Vegas, it had been a couple of years since I raced a four-wide event, so I can’t wait to have another crack at it this weekend. I love Charlotte. zMAX Dragway is an awesome facility. Hoping for great weather conditions, and looking forward to seeing a packed crowd out there.”

Constant Aviation Factory Stock Showdown Series (Event 2 of 8):
DAVID DAVIES: Driver of the D H Davies Racing® Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak
Davies2.jpg

Last Event (Gainesville):

Qualified No. 1; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Carl Tasca in E1; defeated by David Barton in E2)
NHRA Career Statistics:
28 races; three runner-up finishes; three No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
Was the No. 1 qualifier in Gainesville, the 2022 NHRA FSS season opener
Won the NMCA season opener in Bradenton, Fla. the following week

MARK PAWUK: Driver of the Empaco Equipment Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak
Pawuk 2.jpg

Qualified No. 1; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Carl Tasca in E1; defeated by David Barton in E2)
NHRA Career Statistics:
28 races; three runner-up finishes; three No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
Was the No. 1 qualifier in Gainesville, the 2022 NHRA FSS season opener
Won the NMCA season opener in Bradenton, Fla. the following week

WARREN WALCHER: Driver of the Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak
Walcher 2.jpg

Qualified third; Semifinal finish (defeated Dennis Chaisson in E1, Ricky Horde in E2; DNS (broke) in E3)
Noteworthy:
Put on an impressive performance at his debut race with DSR, the NHRA Gatornationals in March, securing the No. 3 qualifying spot out of a 22-car field, and advancing to the semifinals

About Don Schumacher Racing
Established in 1998, Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) has grown to become the winningest organization in NHRA Drag Racing history, and further cemented its position as one of motorsports’ elite teams when it surpassed the ‘350 wins’ milestone during the 2020 season. DSR owns 19 world championships in three different NHRA categories, and including hall-of-fame team owner Don Schumacher’s five NHRA Funny Car triumphs from the 1970s, DSR has been successful in capturing 366 national event victories overall.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR campaigns the Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series with fan-favorite Tony Schumacher at the helm. As an eight-time world champion and 85-time NHRA national event winner, Schumacher is the most decorated Top Fuel driver of all time.
DSR also campaigns three entries in the Factory Stock Showdown Series. The trio of DSR Dodge Drag Paks is piloted by former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk, David Davies, who made his NHRA debut with DSR in 2021, and Warren Walcher, who is set to compete in his first full FSS season in 2022.
For more information, visit shoeracing.com, or Follow Us @shoeracing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back