DSR 2022 Announcement (1 Viewer)

Rajunz

Nitro Member
I'm sure that it'll come soon enough, but as of right now for 2022, it's Tony Schumacher in a Top Fueler, and Ron Capps in a Funny Car.
With Antron leaving, Leah leaving, Matt Hagan leaving, surely there should be room for 2 more teams I would think??? DSR still has lots of major and associate sponsors. Jack Beckman? Tommy Johnson Jr.?

Speaking of sponsors, my money is on Mopar taking their Major sponsorships with Leah and Matt over to TSR, and maybe stay as an associate with DSR. Mopar has been associated with Leah since before she joined DSR, and have heavily been associated with Matt in the last 5 years.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I'm sure that it'll come soon enough, but as of right now for 2022, it's Tony Schumacher in a Top Fueler, and Ron Capps in a Funny Car.
With Antron leaving, Leah leaving, Matt Hagan leaving, surely there should be room for 2 more teams I would think??? DSR still has lots of major and associate sponsors. Jack Beckman? Tommy Johnson Jr.?

Speaking of sponsors, my money is on Mopar taking their Major sponsorships with Leah and Matt over to TSR, and maybe stay as an associate with DSR. Mopar has been associated with Leah since before she joined DSR, and have heavily been associated with Matt in the last 5 years.

I am not sure you can say that DSR is more than Tony for next year. Rumors floating around are that Capps is taking the Napa sponsorship and going elsewhere. Brian Lohnes all but confirmed this rumor on his podcast last week

I am not sure you can say that DSR is more than Tony for next year. Rumors floating around are that Capps is taking the Napa sponsorship and going elsewhere. Brian Lohnes all but confirmed this rumor on his podcast last week
Oh wow Johnathan, did not hear any of that. I can't even begin to think of DSR as a single car team.

I am guessing Mopar is out. TSR already has a relationship with Ford. Hagan in a Mustang most likely.

I am guessing Mopar is out. TSR already has a relationship with Ford. Hagan in a Mustang most likely.
Bobby's rumor when this started was Mopar was going to a NASCAR connection, so I wouldn't bet on that. Tony has had relationships with multiple manufactures at the same time in the past.

Tony, steve, justin,antron, josh, (doug if he goes with aj) billy, (mike s. if he picks up a good crew chief) all killer teams with good drivers and good reaction times. Next year’s gonna be fun!!
Oh yeah, then there are the great teams with drivers that lose races for them because of their reaction times. You know who they are. But they will be in the hunt too.

With Covid, the economy, supply troubles and inflation…. not to mention also being a cancer survivor, I knew Don Shoe would be downsizing his operation someday. When Antron’s deal was announced I said to myself “it’s starting”. When Leah and Smoke became a thing I thought “she’s next”. Hagen following her was a bit of a surprise, but with Mopar sponsoring both of them it makes sense. Hopefully Don can help these teams get out of the gate strong and stay involved with either a smaller team, parts and chassis sales, or as an associate sponsor

Both can drive no doubt but their success will be determined by who they get as crew chiefs! Truly a driver is only as good as the tuners set up! So unless they have some heavy hitters it will be slow going!
I doubt DSR will let Dickie V out of his contract especial if he chooses to field another car and Todd is Tony’s chief.
Maybe a bidding was for Alan Johnson. Since rumors are he is leaving Scrappers and heading to team Kalitta. Now if Tony Stewart could sway or outbid then Leah becomes an instant player in Top Fuel. Only time will tell. Should be interesting off season. I personally like the shake up!

That will work for me.
Bodies are nothing more than a shell so it doesn’t matter it’s the crew chief and his combination. To be honest every fuel car out there has a mopar motor.
Like Pro stock Dodge or Ford it’s still a Chevy under the hood!

If Don's strategy is to become a parts supplier with a smaller racing operation, that seems like a wise business move. He can make a lot of money supplying parts and not have to endlessly beat the bushes getting sponsor money. As we've seen, at some races Don is the sponsor for Leah or Matt's cars so he wouldn't incur those kind of expenses while still have a foot in the racing with Ron(maybe) and Tony.

If Don's strategy is to become a parts supplier with a smaller racing operation, that seems like a wise business move. He can make a lot of money supplying parts and not have to endlessly beat the bushes getting sponsor money. As we've seen, at some races Don is the sponsor for Leah or Matt's cars so he wouldn't incur those kind of expenses while still have a foot in the racing with Ron(maybe) and Tony.
And now that Don has sold Schumacher Electric he won’t be able to use the company to sponsor cars. He is 76 and perhaps feels like it’s time to reduce his workload some. I saw that the new owners brought in a CEO who immediately moved Schumacher Electric to Dallas, so times have changed in Schumacher land.

QMS Certifications:

AS9100 Rev. D / ISO 9001:2015 / means aircraft quality standards​

ITAR means they can manufacture defense (military munitions) articles through with the approval of the Dept. of Defense.​

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back