Drag Strip buys Golf Course (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member

Hey, this should "insulate" the raceway from some noise complaints.

PS: Know you're kidding about Pebble Beach but (even though I don't golf) I regard it as a "must visit" stop every time I get to that part of the golden state.

Dig it up! More racing surface!

Nitro fumes beat chasing a little white ball around🤪

Parking cars on the Pebble Beach golf course every August is the best use of that place!

Golf Courses are closing all over due to the dropping interest in the sport. In many cases the land is worth
much more then what can be made from golf. In my area five have closed in the last two yrs. The top course
a 36 hole dated back to the twenty's sold to developers.

looks like a pretty nice course, but like you said harry, you just never know what kind of business they're doing.
where do you park at that racetrack? there's no room there. i can't even imagine how there's enough room to host a nat. event.

Golf Courses are closing all over due to the dropping interest in the sport. In many cases the land is worth
much more then what can be made from golf. In my area five have closed in the last two yrs. The top course
a 36 hole dated back to the twenty's sold to developers.
Or to attract or make room for parking for a Nascar Cup race. It makes a person wonder that if they landed a cup race there and needed more parking would they eliminate the golf course or the drag strip. :)

Last edited:
Parking has been increased substantially the last few years since they have started putting rock down in the swamp west of the drag strip. As a local, I'm wondering who voted that course as the #1 public course in the area.

Parking has been increased substantially the last few years since they have started putting rock down in the swamp west of the drag strip. As a local, I'm wondering who voted that course as the #1 public course in the area.
I'm only at that track once a year and I never really paid much attention to fan parking because I park the hauler in the pits and the rental car in gold key parking... so I'm just curious if you think there is enough parking for a good size Nascar Cup race with out adding more parking lots?

I don't really seeing it as adding parking lots. The area to the West of the drag strip is pretty much a big open field until it hits the tree line and what I would call swamp area. Some has gravel most of it is just grass. I think there would be plenty of parking. The first ever NASCAR race held there was a sold out Busch race and they accommodated that.

They are trying to get a Cup race in 2021. I would drive down for that, St. Louis is a pretty cool town. I spent a weekend down there last year and it was easy getting around, they have these scooter you rent to get around. It was fun going to the Cardinals game and taking a scooter back to the hotel half in the bag. :)

Pomona should buy the golf course at the end of their track and extend the shutdown area! Who can golf with all that roaring going on anyway?

Pomona should buy the golf course at the end of their track and extend the shutdown area! Who can golf with all that roaring going on anyway?
What should they do with the busy road that is between the track and the golf course?

i'm sure mountain meadows course in pomona isn't hurting. their website shows 18 holes on weekends for $55, including cart!
rite in san gabriel basin. how can you go wrong. my guess is you can barely hear the races at the course.
there's a course rite next to zmax too.......how could you go wrong. 7am tee time, then wonder over to nationals for rest of day.

Do what they did at National Trails in Columbus. Stop traffic at each run.
I would love to see what the city of La Verne would have to say about that. And I damn sure wouldn't want to depend on some idiot texting on their cel phone stopping. Hell some of them can't even stop at a stop light that they pass through on a daily basis. :) I think the airport is in La Verne and I think the golf course is in Pomona so I'm not sure which city the road between the golf course and the fairplex is in. I imagine Jeff Arend would know.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back