Drag Racers affected by Santa Barbara, California fire? (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
I know their are a few folks from division seven that hail from Santa Barbara, California, i.e. Top Alcohol Funny car driver jeff carroll and some of his team, at web page carrollmotorsports.com

also, I believe Super Gas Racer Ray Cordeiro may be from ground zero where thousands in Santa Barbara are fleeing wind driven uncontained flames, at web page

Fire Watch - cbs2.com

Thoughts and prayers to the Carroll's and Cordeiro's as well as all those in the Santa Barbara area that may be effected by this tragedy.

Last edited:
Mark, Jeff lives there along with his Mom and Dad. Ray and his family, also drag race picture man Bob Brown all from that area.

I sent both Ray and Bob emails but havent heard back.

Lets hope all is well with these folks. One interesting note: this morning I was listening to the top of the hour national news and the BIG news was about a steroid scandal involving an LA Dodger outfielder. It was bigger news then the fire. Nobody cares about the outfielder scandal compared to a wild fire so when is the news media going to pull their head out and prioritize?

Last edited:
Thanks for thinking about us out here in what is normally sunny :) Santa Barbara. It looks like we all made it through the fire storm.

Myself, Dad and Ray were far enough away not to be in the fires direct path. Now its time for the "ash" cleanup for the next few months, again. I know it’s better to clean up ash than the remains of your house.

Some other (racer)friends did have to evacuate, but didn’t lose their homes or race cars from the reports I have as of Saturday morning.

Hope to be back at the races soon.

Jeff
TA/FC 7306
Titan Speed and Racing Parts MFG Jeff & Ann Carroll's TA/FC

Jeff, glad to hear that everything is ok. And please hi to the old man and your mom for me.:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back