Doug Herbert Motivated to Turn Grief Into Action (1 Viewer)

woody

Nitro Member
Doug Herbert addressed the press corps at Pomona this afternoon, speaking openly and candidly on the events of the last few weeks and his plans for the future.

1320 TV cameras were rolling, and we have Herbert's emotional interview available here: 1320 TV

That was tough to get through. I wish Doug all the best this weekend and this year.

God bless him, that has to be the most difficult thing in life to experience & then have to speak of it publicly must be painful. :(

He is showing true sportsmanship by being in Pomona and focusing on winning a championship for his boys. A true class act and gentleman.

God Bless him, that was pretty mind numbing to watch...........Dougzilla sure is a great person, and a very strong one. I don't know how many people could open up like that, given the same situation!

That is so hard to watch. I couldn't have been able to talk like that. What grace he had. God be with him. He is a truly champion. Go Dougzilla!

I'm betting Doug will have a very good yr at the track.... I have an idea how he is feeling, (I lost my son in MV accident also) and to me the track is where I wanted to be... it helped me from thinking of my son 24/7

You NEVER get over it.. but it DID got better, or should I say easier to live with.. My son died in 1996..

I was in the Press Suite and believe me, it was even harder to watch in person. I just can't think of WHAT to say to the guy. As I said at the time, 'There are just no words...'.

There is no way to know the grief that Doug feels. No parent should have to bury a child (or grandchild), especially when they are still a work in progress. Doug has always been there when others needed help, now it's time for the motorsports community to help Doug in any way we can while he works his way through his grief.

He is showing true sportsmanship by being in Pomona and focusing on winning a championship for his boys. A true class act and gentleman.

I don't think he has to explain to anybody why he's out there, but I think he did an admirable job trying to put them into words.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back