Don't Get A Job, Hang Out With Bob! (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
I had the opportunity last week to have lunch with my favorite Funny Car driver JR Todd. He & I try to get together once a month for lunch and we haven't seen each other since I broke my neck in November. It was the first time he's seen the Halo Collar I've been wearing for the past 11 weeks and he kinda freaked out when he saw it. He liked my roll cage for my head...

Anyway he's heading up to Gainesville this week to begin testing his brand-new car that hasn't seen the track yet. They have another car on the way and will be running new pipe for the '23 season. Along with subtle aero changes to the new Supra body he's hoping to start off the season with a bang.

On a personal note I'd like to thank all of you from here who reached out to me after my injury, I really appreciate it guys. I get the halo removed the day after the Superbowl, Feb 13th and I'm counting the days 9, the hours, 216 until I'm freed from this contraption, word of advice, don't fall and break your neck and don't wear flip-flops.

See ya at the drags...
ToddDuffys.jpg
-

Thank God you're still alive...he must have more plans for you! 🙂

My dad had to wear one in the late 70s, he was so miserable during that time. He always had to turn his body to look side to side afterwards.

Best wishes to you Bob and between this and Doug's new canopy, it sounds like last year put a sour taste in everybody's mouth in the Kalitta camp.

I had the opportunity last week to have lunch with my favorite Funny Car driver JR Todd. He & I try to get together once a month for lunch and we haven't seen each other since I broke my neck in November. It was the first time he's seen the Halo Collar I've been wearing for the past 11 weeks and he kinda freaked out when he saw it. He liked my roll cage for my head...

Anyway he's heading up to Gainesville this week to begin testing his brand-new car that hasn't seen the track yet. They have another car on the way and will be running new pipe for the '23 season. Along with subtle aero changes to the new Supra body he's hoping to start off the season with a bang.

On a personal note I'd like to thank all of you from here who reached out to me after my injury, I really appreciate it guys. I get the halo removed the day after the Superbowl, Feb 13th and I'm counting the days 9, the hours, 216 until I'm freed from this contraption, word of advice, don't fall and break your neck and don't wear flip-flops.

See ya at the drags...View attachment 11951 -
Greetings from nearby Orlando, Bob. Had no idea you were dealing with this. I almost got put in one of those contraptions when I broke my neck 25 years ago, but luckily got by with a Miami collar. Hope all heals up well and you will be way more comfortable after Super Bowl Sunday next week! Hang in there.

Thanks for posting about JR Todd and glad to hear you guys have stayed in touch since the Bob Gilbertson days together.

Glad to hear you are healing well. I'm going to have a couple of extra days in Florida, do I need an appointment? Or just show up at the sports bar at lunchtime and wait?

Alan

Glad to hear you are healing well. I'm going to have a couple of extra days in Florida, do I need an appointment? Or just show up at the sports bar at lunchtime and wait?

Alan
Alan, come on down to North Palm Beach (about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Gainesville) and I'll buy you a beer or twelve. The sports bar I frequent has 133 TVs and has a big F1 and drag racing fanbase and always shows NHRA & F1 whenever they're broadcast. I'll save you a seat and buy the way did I mention they have really hot bartenders.

Alan, come on down to North Palm Beach (about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Gainesville) and I'll buy you a beer or twelve. The sports bar I frequent has 133 TVs and has a big F1 and drag racing fanbase and always shows NHRA & F1 whenever they're broadcast. I'll save you a seat and buy the way did I mention they have really hot bartenders.

Sold! I'll be in touch.

Alan

See ya at the drags...View attachment 11951 -
My brother loves the new pipe. Says it is the nicest race car he has ever had.............:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back