Diversity In Nhra Compared To Other Sports (1 Viewer)

Shhh! Its NHRA's dirty little secret, that why they don't promote it, or anything else. (great article, now if they could only plant it in Sports Illustrated)

S/F
D

They brought up some good examples, especially Hammonds. The reason I say that is not because of his ethnicity, but rather the fact he was a pro athlete in another sport just like Dan Pastorini...

Anyone who races has a competitive spirit and that spirit can be found in anyone from any background. Unlike other sports you can be short, old, not in great shape or even blind and yet find a way to be involved in drag racing. I love that...

:D

extremely good article. I'm surprised nhra hasn't used it to help promote itself.

For sure, NHRA has true diversity with many "firsts". We have women, African Americans in all classes not just some of the lower classes. Where are the African American Nascar Cup drivers? No women Cup drivers either.

Diversity, that's what makes this sport so appealing. Besides being a whole lot of fun you can start racing for a minimal amount of money. Nascar you have to be very lucky and hope a multi million dollar deal goes with you. Sure they have the local series that pay very little mostly trophy's and is a very expensive sport to get started in. I think with more exposure this sport should be able to hold on and maybe grow while the economy goes through its adjustment.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back