DIRT on the Dragstrip Submission (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
I heard today ALan Johnson is being offered $11,000,000 per year to head up a dual F/C - T/F team by a rich Arab from Dubai for next year. It (the rumor) was going around some big circles today in Indy. Take it for what it's worth, but it came from an icon of our sport.

I have not heard about this rumor, but I have on good athority that some very wealthy individuals are coming over and buying the best stuff and the best people to run pro mod and ADRA starting in 2009. I was actually in a suppliers shop when lots of parts were ordered for one of these teams.
If you know anything of the wealthy in the middle east, it is a war of egos amongst the younger generation. About five years ago it was offshore boats. And anyone in that industry knows what they were spending on them babies. If one comes over, many will. Or maybe get their own drag racing community over there. Could be interesting.
Unfortunately, when the start to lose interest, they seem to drop like flies and completely dissappear.
Time will tell here.

Now is this a team that will be running on US soil, or is AJ going to Dubai? I would think that they would want to come and play in our sandbox, so to speak...

I think AJ will own the teams with funding from these individuals. We will find out tomorrow.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back