DENSO (1 Viewer)

Ron

Nitro Member
I just saw this on Microsoft Start -
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina manufacturing plant which makes small engines for windshield wipers, electric windows and other car parts says it is shutting down, putting nearly 500 people out of a job.

DENSO Manufacturing told local economic development officials on Tuesday that layoffs at the Greenville plant will take place later this year and that it will close its doors by January 2023, news outlets reported. The move affects 475 workers, who were told on Tuesday of the impending shutdown.

The company said in a statement that the closure was part of an effort to optimize its North American manufacturing operations. DENSO’s closest plant is in Statesville, NC - 229 miles (368 km) west of Greenville.

The Japanese-owned facility opened as ASMO Greenville in 1995. In 2013, DENSO began a $50 million expansion that included an eight-year incentive agreement with Pitt County to add 200 jobs. The county paid the company more than $187,000 annually.

Isn't this Matt and Angie Smith's sponsor?

Hate it for the individuals that are going to lose their job.

I just saw this on Microsoft Start -
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina manufacturing plant which makes small engines for windshield wipers, electric windows and other car parts says it is shutting down, putting nearly 500 people out of a job.

DENSO Manufacturing told local economic development officials on Tuesday that layoffs at the Greenville plant will take place later this year and that it will close its doors by January 2023, news outlets reported. The move affects 475 workers, who were told on Tuesday of the impending shutdown.

The company said in a statement that the closure was part of an effort to optimize its North American manufacturing operations. DENSO’s closest plant is in Statesville, NC - 229 miles (368 km) west of Greenville.

The Japanese-owned facility opened as ASMO Greenville in 1995. In 2013, DENSO began a $50 million expansion that included an eight-year incentive agreement with Pitt County to add 200 jobs. The county paid the company more than $187,000 annually.

Isn't this Matt and Angie Smith's sponsor?

Hate it for the individuals that are going to lose their job.
Denso does sponsor Matt and Angie in addition to sponsoring the Sonoma race. Hopefully this doesn't affect Matt but if it does he will figure out a way to make things work.

I believe that they have many divisions under that name. Kinda surprises me because Denso is a pretty big company.

They are shutting down one plant. Denso is a huge company and has many locations. While the loss of 500 jobs sucks, the company will be just fine.

'effort to optimize north american mfg'ring operations' ....... could be as simple as closing one of 20 bldgs. because they only need 19 to mnfgr. the same parts and pieces.
if you had 3 cars, but only drove 2 all the time, but made payments on the 3rd, you'd probably consider selling the 3rd.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back