Del got some back from the luck bank.... (1 Viewer)

Hmmm... Time for storm cellar- style trap doors that open left and right as opposed to flying off??

Probably refering to the burst panel coming loose like Dels is in the pic and got hung in the hat...

Billy

What happened to scott kalitta ?

Last year in Phoenix, the same thing happened to Scott Kalitta, and the panel got caught in the injector, and stuck the throttle open. After it bounced off the wall a couple times, blew up, and caught fire, he ended up off in the desert pretty much wayy past the shut off area.

Last year in Phoenix, the same thing happened to Scott Kalitta, and the panel got caught in the injector, and stuck the throttle open. After it bounced off the wall a couple times, blew up, and caught fire, he ended up off in the desert pretty much wayy past the shut off area.

I was there for that, he was going over 300 MPH way past the finishline. I thought he was headed for Tucson, I was stunned the car was still in one piece. Supposedly there are arroyos past the shutdown at Fireturd.

I think that is already a rule (which obviously isn't working), but my Rule Book is at the office - anyone?

Section 12 -Funny Car
Body:7

"Body(hood) burst panel, minimum 288 square inches,mandatory.Body burst panel must be secured with plastic screws and 2 1/8th-inch stainless steel wires with body pad bolted with plate on both sides of the panel."

Quick sketch....

BurstDoor.jpg

Yeah, not bad.... Have something like that, with a couple teathers on each one to keep them from flying off also... The teather has to secure from the flap to one of the tree supports under the body.

Link to the thread sent to DanO.. I wonder what's the procedure process is to look at new ideas over at Glendora?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back