Dead body on the freeway (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
I just got my new trailer and I was towing it home, going down the freeway in Portland when traffic came to a crawl. After about two miles I came across a Dodge Caravan and a fire ladder truck. And laying on the pavement just under the driver's door of the Caravan was a man with a yellow blanket draped over him. You could see his shoes and that was about it. It was very sobering and sad to see. The strange thing was there was no sign of damage on the vehicle so perhaps it was a heart attack.

Last edited:
Ill take a random guess here but im guessing someone had a heart attack or something . Could have been murder or suicide who knows.

Yeah, my heart really goes out whenever I see an accident with one or more fatalities, knowing the news that their loved ones are getting.

One of my best friends, his wife was a nurse. On the way back from giving kids shots at a small school, the doctor had been going a little faster in his Porsche than he realized. He saw a county cop go the other way, looked down at his speedo, then saw the cop turn around in his mirror. He takes off, thinking he'll easily lose him. He overdid a curve, the car spun around, and put her door into an oak tree. Took her a week to die.

If anyone was seperated from the comedian Ray Stevens at birth, it was my friend, Pat. He was always calling into a Knoxville radio station with wacky stuff, so a well known DJ did a little bit for him. Talked about how they got up that morning, doing all the usual bathroom stuff, having no idea that this was the last time they were ever going to be able to talk to each other again. I'm sure it caused a lot of people to think about how you never know and try to appreciate and get in a few extra hugs and kisses.

I missed that ordeal by Minutes! I left the hotel at 9:30ish and had No problem. The Traffic on I-15 in Vegas is getting more and more like L.A. every day! It sucks!:confused:

Uh Joe, this happend in Portland Oregon. I checked the news web sites and nothing! I guess if you go out with a heart attack it isn't news worthy. I guess you have to hang yourself from a train tressle at about the time the AMTRAK goes by like a couple of herion users did a few years ago to get some press.

I just got my new trailer and I was towing it home, going down the freeway in Portland when traffic came to a crawl. After about two miles I came across a Dodge Caravan and a fire ladder truck. And laying on the pavement just under the driver's door of the Caravan was a man with a yellow blanket draped over him. You could see his shoes and that was about it. It was very sobering and sad to see. The strange thing was there was no sign of damage on the vehicle so perhaps it was a heart attack.

wow. out there topic. I'll keep this short. Dying sucks. Thats why nobody wants to do it.

Last year my electronics teacher at high school killed himself , he jumped off a bridge and they didnt find him until 3 day's later when he washed up on the shore a couple of towns over.

Last year my wife's uncle had a heart attack while sitting in morning rush hour traffic. Luckily, he was almost to his exit and there family business isnt too far past it. He was somehow able to make it there and saw his brother arriving at the same time. He told his brother what was happening and he drove him to the hospital. Luck was on his side that day...he was close to work when it happened, the hospital was only six blocks from there business, and the hospital happens to be Austin's Heart hospital. He has since had another heart attack and survived it as well. They are supposed to put in a pacemaker in a few days.

Todd Washington once told me in a CPR class to never run someone who is having a heart attack to the hospital! Aways call the medics!

Uh Joe, this happend in Portland Oregon. I checked the news web sites and nothing! I guess if you go out with a heart attack it isn't news worthy. I guess you have to hang yourself from a train tressle at about the time the AMTRAK goes by like a couple of herion users did a few years ago to get some press.

Rich, they closed the I-15 in Vegas for the Same thing! A dead body was discovered in the median thus closing the Interstate for a couple of Hrs!

Todd Washington once told me in a CPR class to never run someone who is having a heart attack to the hospital! Aways call the medics!
Depends on the circumstances, Rich. If you can get a patient to the hospital within 5-7 min..go for it.

In Oct 2001, I guided my wife to the emergency room (barely)..walked in and immediately went into full cardiac/respiratory arrest. I wouldn't have survived a 911 call. Straight to the stent lab..2 stents and 4 days later I'm home.

Unfortunately, I swim upstream in a contaminated gene pool..hehe

Rich, they closed the I-15 in Vegas for the Same thing! A dead body was discovered in the median thus closing the Interstate for a couple of Hrs!

I remember a few years ago a man got hit in the early morning in the Atlanta area and several cars continued to hit the body until daylight came and people could tell it was human.

Depends on the circumstances, Rich. If you can get a patient to the hospital within 5-7 min..go for it.

In Oct 2001, I guided my wife to the emergency room (barely)..walked in and immediately went into full cardiac/respiratory arrest. I wouldn't have survived a 911 call. Straight to the stent lab..2 stents and 4 days later I'm home.

Unfortunately, I swim upstream in a contaminated gene pool..hehe

You may be correct in certain situations, but what Todd Washington said made a lot of sense. By the way this is not Todd Washington the football star but a trained CPR instructor that does this full time. He is also a big fan of the Capitol Auto Group racing team.

Last edited:
Well, I talked to my crew chief who left 30 minutes sooner and was up a head of me on the freeway going the same direction. He witnesed the same thing and concluded that it was likely a hear attack. Like you all, I feel the same sadness for any party that was involved.

Here's the details of what happened. I feel real bad for this man and his wife at least he lived to be 70.

Death Investigation - Interstate 205 near Clackamas

10/31/2006

A Canby-area man died Saturday afternoon when he reportedly had a heart attack while driving southbound on Interstate 205 south of the Clackamas interchange near milepost 12.

On October 28, 2006 at approximately 2:17 p.m., a van driven by DONALD K. ROBITSCH, age 70, from Canby, was southbound on Interstate 205 near milepost 12 with his wife as a passenger. While driving, ROBITSCH suffered what is believed to be a heart attack. His wife was able to stop the van without being involved in a crash.

Clackamas Fire District and AMR ambulance personnel responded to the scene and attempted CPR but ROBITSCH did not respond to their efforts to revive him. ROBITSCH was pronounced deceased at the scene. Oregon State Police troopers and the Clackamas County Medical Examiner responded to the scene.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back