DC Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Richmond (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

Richmond Pre-Race Report
Virginia NHRA Nationals

Event 7 of 22
Virginia Motorsports Park
North Dinwiddie, Va.
May 13 - 15, 2022

ALEXIS DEJORIA: Driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
DeJoria 29.jpg

Last Event (Charlotte 1):
Qualified ninth; First round exit (defeated by Bob Tasca, John Force in E1)
Career Statistics:
178 races; six wins; six No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
The 2022 event will mark DeJoria’s first time racing at Virginia Motorsports Park
DC Motorsports co-owner and crew chief, Del Worsham, won the 2009 event when he was competing in the Funny Car category.
Quotable:
Alexis DeJoria, driver:
“This will be my first time racing at Virginia Motorsports Park, and I’m very much looking forward to it.”

Del Worsham, crew chief, and 2009 Virginia NHRA Nationals event champion:
“The track surface at Virginia Motorsports Park is phenomenal; one of the best on tour. Tommy Franklin and the Franklin family have done such a great job with the facility. I’ve been racing there since the ‘90s, and won there in Funny Car in 2009. Can’t wait to see all of the local fans, and hopefully, after this three-year hiatus, the weather will hold up this weekend and we’ll be able to put on a good show.”

About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion. Prior, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall.
DeJoria joined DC Motorsports in 2020 as co-owner and driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila/ROKiT Toyota Funny Car. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back