DC Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Las Vegas 1 (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

NHRA Four-Wide Nationals Pre-Race Report

NHRA Four-Wide Nationals

Event 4 of 21
The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Las Vegas
April 14 – 16, 2023

ALEXIS DEJORIA: Driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
DeJoria 1.jpg
Stats 1.jpg

Noteworthy:
  • DeJoria is a two-time Las Vegas 1 winner but is seeking her first victory at a four-wide event
  • Advanced to the final elimination quad at the 2022 event
  • Has enjoyed a strong start to the 2023 season which includes two semifinal finishes, two No. 2 qualifying positions, winning the inaugural #2Fast2Tasty Funny Car Challenge, and setting top speed of the meet in Pomona
  • Currently ranked third in the point standings
Fan Events:
DeJoria will join her Toyota Gazoo Racing teammates at the Toyota midway display from 9:30 – 10:00 a.m. on Saturday for a Team Toyota autograph session
Quotable:
“I’ve won the Spring Las Vegas race twice, but those wins were from before we switched to the four-wide format. Our Bandero GR Supra has been quick and consistent all year, and I truly believe a win is right around the corner for our DC Motorsports team. We advanced to the final elimination quad at last year’s Vegas race, and I feel like we have everything we need to get the job done this weekend. Everything has really started to come together as of late. I’m especially excited because we’re back to four qualifying runs this weekend, all of which are in the middle of the day. As long as we continue our trend of performing well during qualifying, we’ll be in a really good position, armed with some really good data, to make it a long race day, and hopefully end our Sunday with our first four-wide Wally.”

About DC Motorsports
DC Motorsports is an NHRA Funny Car team competing on the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of Bandero Premium Tequila, ROKiT, Toyota, and Mobil 1. Established in 2020, the team is co-owned by crew chief and two-time NHRA world champion Del Worsham and driver Alexis DeJoria.
About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion.
Prior to making her professional debut in 2011, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall. DeJoria is the only driver to own the trifecta of Super Comp, Top Alcohol Funny Car, and Funny Car victories. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back