DC Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Gainesville (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

NHRA Gatornationals Pre-Race Report
NHRA Gatornationals

Event 1 of 21
Gainesville Raceway
Gainesville, Fla.
March 10-12, 2023

ALEXIS DEJORIA: Driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
DeJoria 1.jpg

Photo courtesy of Thomas Gaines

2022 NHRA Gatornationals Recap:
Qualified fifth; First round exit (defeated by Terry Haddock in E1)
Last Event (Pomona 2 2022):
Qualified sixth; Semifinal finish (defeated Jim Campbell in E1, Steven Densham in E2; defeated by Cruz Pedregon in E3)
Career Statistics:
194 races, six wins, six runner-up finishes, six No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
2023 marks DeJoria’s 10th full season competing as a Funny Car racer. She made her professional debut at the 2011 Dallas race and competed in four Funny Car events that year. DeJoria raced full time from 2012 through the end of the 2017 season before rejoining the tour at the start of 2020 after a two-year hiatus.
Fan Events:
DeJoria will join her Toyota Gazoo Racing teammates at the Toyota midway display from 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. on Saturday for a Team Toyota autograph session.
Quotable:
“I’m excited that we’re kicking off the race season in Gainesville, Florida this year. This track has some great memories for me and my family. I haven’t won the Gatornationals yet but we have a solid tune-up in the car coming off of the Pomona finals from last year. We have as good of a chance as any to get it done. We’re debuting a new look on our Bandero Tequila GR Supra this weekend, and what better way to start the year than by parking it in the winner’s circle.”

About DC Motorsports
DC Motorsports is an NHRA Funny Car team competing on the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of Bandero Premium Tequila, ROKiT, Toyota, and Mobil 1. Established in 2020, the team is co-owned by crew chief and two-time NHRA world champion Del Worsham and driver Alexis DeJoria.
About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion.
Prior to making her professional debut in 2011, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall. DeJoria is the only driver to own the trifecta of Super Comp, Top Alcohol Funny Car, and Funny Car victories. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back