Danny Rowe determined to maintain positive momentum in Bristol (1 Viewer)

(6-17-2011) BRISTOL, Tennessee – In a class comprised of top-tier talent and heavyweight contenders, Danny Rowe recognizes that seizing the moment is of utmost importance. With a healthy dose of momentum and positive buzz coming from the team’s win just a few weeks ago in Englishtown, New Jersey during the NHRA SuperNationals, Rowe and the Sterling Bridge Pro Mod team hope to maintain their forward momentum this weekend during the sixth stop on the Get Screened America NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series tour in Bristol, Tennessee.

“I have to say, I really enjoy this string of races that are close together,” says Rowe, checking in from the pits at the beautiful Bristol Dragway. “With the win in Englishtown at the beginning of the month, we can’t help but feel like there is an opportunity here to get on a roll. As always, it’s going to be up to us to take advantage, and make something happen here in Bristol. We’ve got a lot of serious competition out here, so it’s not going to be an easy task.

“We went out early last year, so we’re going to need to re-write history a little, but that’s something we’re certainly capable of. Plus, we simply love racing here in Bristol at the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals. Bruton Smith and the Speedway Motorsports group provide us with one of the nicest tracks we visit all year, and the setting here in Tennessee is just beautiful.”

The 2011 Get Screened America NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series, which is embarking this weekend on its second stop of a three-race stretch in June, has provided race fans with some tremendous Pro Mod competition complete with record-setting runs and intense side-by-side action. Though the conditions in Bristol in the heat of summer may not be as favorable as they have been early in 2011, the quality surface and the class’ top competitors are still capable of making the Ford NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals memorable.

“It’s been exciting here in 2011 with all the big runs we’ve seen,” says Rowe. “We’re out here competing, but we’re also fans, and I have to say that 5.78 from Mike Castellana in his nitrous Camaro in Englishtown was probably the run of the year so far. Like I’ve said before, this NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series represents the best of the best, and we’ve seen everyone continually stepping up their program. We know that our supercharged combination isn’t at the top of the pecking order performance-wise right now, but Jimmy Rector [crew chief] and this Sterling Bridge team are working around the clock to close the gap between our combination and the nitrous and turbo cars.

“We keep our approach the same, though, and we’re focused on consistency,” Rowe continues. “We certainly want to have one of the fastest cars out here, but we know that it’s about making consistently quick runs, and we proved in Englishtown that we can do that. With a little bit of sunshine and a little bit of luck, I’m hoping we can maintain our momentum and put this Sterling Bridge Pro Mod Camaro back in the winner’s circle.”

The Get Screened America NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series will get return to the quarter-mile on Friday, June 17th, with two qualifying sessions scheduled for 4:15 PM and 5:30. Qualifying continues on Saturday, June 18th, at 1:45 PM and the opening round of eliminations at 3:15. Final eliminations will begin on Sunday, June 19th, at 11:00 AM.

NHRA Pro Modified Points Standings (After 5 of 10 races)

Khalid Al-Balooshi, 384

Danny Rowe, 326

Ed Hoover, 307

Roger Burgess, 276

Rickie Smith, 271

Kenny Lang, 267

Mike Castellana, 250

Raymond Commisso, 237

Scott Ray, 220

Brad Personett, 203

Information regarding Danny Rowe Racing can be found at Danny Rowe Racing

Attachments