Csny (1 Viewer)

Kris

Nitro Member
Not much to say except I'm taking my mom, husband and older sister to see Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young tomorrow at White River Amphitheater.

Two reasons we're going:
1) Saturday is my mom's 30th AA birthday. I told her last year we'd do something cool to celebrate this milestone. Thirty years of sobriety is awesome and I thank her for it. She drug me to AA meetings when I was a kid and that was one of the best things she could have done to keep me from boozing.
2)Um, Neil Young doesn't tour with CSN much anymore and this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I love CSNY. Yes, I'm 27, and yes, I love classic rock. So, in some ways, it's a bit selfish on my part.

I just wanted to share.

Hey Kris~ This is Glenn's SO~Robin. What a treat to see all 4. CSNY IMO are a few of the best. And for your mother, what a great accomplishment. I was in Lower Wash. State(Columbia River) this past May for my first time, beautiful country up there, reminds me of my home town of Truckee, CA. Have a great time at the concert.

Last edited:
I have seen CSNY twice and they have always put on a great show. Each band member gets to showcase their individual talents. You will have a great time.

saw the camden, nj show this year. i'm glad i went, they played really well, fpr a really long time (three + hours)...

Yay! This makes me happy. We just got lawn seats because I paid for all four tickets. But, that's all right. Just to be in the presence of such greatness playing amazing music live. I am glad to hear the shows are good and they play long sets. Just hope it doesn't wear my mom out. :D

I'll let y'all know my thoughts on the show tomorrow.

Not much to say except I'm taking my mom, husband and older sister to see Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young tomorrow at White River Amphitheater.

Two reasons we're going:
1) Saturday is my mom's 30th AA birthday. I told her last year we'd do something cool to celebrate this milestone. Thirty years of sobriety is awesome and I thank her for it. She drug me to AA meetings when I was a kid and that was one of the best things she could have done to keep me from boozing.
2)Um, Neil Young doesn't tour with CSN much anymore and this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I love CSNY. Yes, I'm 27, and yes, I love classic rock. So, in some ways, it's a bit selfish on my part.

I just wanted to share.

Hey Kris,

What a cool thing to do for your Mom...and yourself! I have a sister who lives in Seattle and I had thought about flying up to visit her and her family and try coordinating it with the CSNY concert at White River Amphitheatre. Alas, it was too much to pull off. Where is that in relation to Seattle?

I have never seen CSNY together, although have seen most if not all of them in solo venues or combos such as Crosby & Nash. I've always been fans of theirs since they got together in the late 60's and even before that when they were in prior bands (ie: Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, The Hollies) and most recently went to see Neil Young's Concert Movie "Prairie Wind" on the Big Screen here in Orlando when it was released to a few theatre chains. You can get it on DVD now. CSNY hit Florida on their last tour a few years ago, and it was over in Tampa which isn't that far a drive, but this tour they play in West Palm Beach, which is a good hike from here, too far to drive back after the show. I guess I'll have to hope they do at least one more tour in the future. A buddy of mine in Phoenix saw their last tour and said it was awesome, and he had tickets to see them again this time around, but the concert in Phoenix was canceled about 2-3 weeks ago, and they added a 3rd day onto their Denver show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Can't say as I blame them as it was going to be an outdoor concert, and whoever scheduled THAT for July in Phoenix has no brains! It's still over 100 degrees at midnight!!!

Hope you had a great time at the concert last night. Can't wait to hear about it, and the venue.

Cheers,

Kurt

It was amazing.

I told my mom last year that we would do something special to celebrate her 30th AA birthday. This really made it special, I think. We went out for dinner before the show, then got a parking spot relatively close to the gate. Yay! We were there two hours before the show started--well, supposed to have started.

Anyway, as we were about to climb up the stairs to the lawn, a venue employee asked if we wanted to upgrade to seats for free. We exchanged our tickets and moved down into the seats from the lawn and it was great. We were in the middle section and had a pretty good view. That made all of us very pleased.

The weather was perfect. The guys came on a bit late, about 8:15. They played until 9:30, then took a break until 10 p.m. Then they played until 11:45. I love the older stuff, but they played a lot of newer songs, politically oriented and the like, which my sister (she's an active left winger...I'm not allowed to have political views being a journalist...) thoroughtly enjoyed. What amazes me is how well those guys can still sing. Stephen Stills sounded a little rough around the edges, but it was cool. They played a number of my favorite songs, though I wish they had played 'Cathedral.' They did wrap up the show with "Ohio," "Rockin' in the Free World," and "Southern Cross." They played one encore song and we were on our way home just before midnight.

We all had a great time. For me, it was really great to spend time with my mom, sister and my husband all together. It was a rare treat.

I bought myself a tie-dye CSNY Freedom of Speech tour t-shirt. I put it on after the show and said, "Hey mom, do I look like a hippie?" She laughed and said no. Heh. I'll snap a pic of me in it this weekend and post it.

Ah, White River Amphitheater's location. OK. It's on the Muckleshoot Indian Reservation between the towns of Auburn and Enumclaw. I'd say it's about 35 miles southeast of Seattle. It's not that far from my house and we can approach from the other direction as all the other traffic, so it works well for us. It's a newer venue, two years old, and I think it's really nice. Getting out of the place when a show is done is a royal PITA. I've seen four or five shows there during the past couple years, though, and that's the only thing I don't like about it.

The evening was a great success.

Kris/QuillHill,

Thanks for the concert review and venue location. Sounds like a perfect evening to me. I'm jealous. I know the area you mention quite well, as I had relatives that lived in Enumclaw and my sister used to live near Auburn in Federal Way. We have some friends here that used to live in Enumclaw, and they were surprised that I knew exactly where it was when they mentioned that was where they moved from. CSNY's music is timeless, and much of it is still relevant. I have friends that are close in age to me who only listen to classic rock stations so they basically still listen to 60's/70's music which is what I grew up with. I tried keeping current through about 1990 and then it just got too hard. I have no clue about the music now being played on Rock stations anymore.

Later...:cool:

Kris
That was sure cool of the Wite River people to upgrade your seats for free!
I wanted to see them tonight in Vancouver,Wa but it did not work out.
I work 2 am to 2 pm m-f & by friday night I am pretty well used up.

Thanks for the insight, Kris.

What a special evening for you and you family.

I'm with you on the new stuff. Stick with what made me come and see you guys..hehe.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back