Cruz's acceptance speech (1 Viewer)

BrianT

Nitro Member
I watched the awards banquet and couldn’t help notice during Cruz’s acceptance speech there wasn’t a word about his team or Rahn Tobler.
Was it edited out or is he just a schmuck?
I'de like to think it was editing but you never know with him.

I watched the awards banquet and couldn’t help notice during Cruz’s acceptance speech there wasn’t a word about his team or Rahn Tobler.
I would like to think it was editing but you never know with him.
I noticed the same thing Brian. I wonder if Dickie chimes in about this.

That show had to take an enormous amount of editing, lets just say that yes, Cruz did give credit to Rahn Tobler... and Joe Pisano and others. ;)

The editing was obvious. I was wondering if Tony would mention Alan, but he didn't , on tv anyway. Doesnt' seem right that neither of the winning fuel crew chiefs were mentioned.

Why does every1 feel they have to pick on Cruz? The entire team did a great job this year! Congrats to them again!

I've Talked to people that have gone to the Awards banquets, and NHRA cuts about 50% out for TV. Sucks for us!:confused:

I've Talked to people that have gone to the Awards banquets, and NHRA cuts about 50% out for TV. Sucks for us!

I attended the awards show and since the actual show at the Universal Hilton was over 2 hours without commercials, it's more than a 50% cut. Every public speaker needs video editing.

Come on man ... the show was VERY obviously edited.

Every year the show is heavily edited. They have to in order to fit it in some type of tv time frame. I'd rather them let it run 2 hours and run it at 3am on tv. I can record it and watch it later. It does make the drivers look bad with all the editing. NHRA or ESPN2 could have a link that would allow people to watch the entire show unedited.

Having been to 4 awards ceremonies, yes, the editing is drastic. The editor apparently doesn't know what to take out and what to leave in. The program should be longer, and as earlier stated, air it in the early morning hours. If ESPN2 has time to air double dutch jump rope or championship darts, they have time to air the awards ceremony.

Last edited:
Having been to 4 awards ceremonies, yes, the editing is drastic. The editor apparently doesn't know what to take out and what to leave in. The program should be longer, and as earlier stated, air it in the early morning hours. If ESPN2 has time to air double dutch jump rope or championship darts, they have time to air the awards ceremony.

I'm sure it comes down to how much airtime NHRA wants to PAY for.

I'm sure it comes down to how much airtime NHRA wants to PAY for.

ah I forgot about that, good point. Maybe they will think about putting it online then. heck they could do it online in place of the tv showing, maybe save a few bucks then

Could've just ended the question after "out"...:confused:
I'm not a fan of CP but man, we don't usually just come in here and blammo...:D Welcome (back)to the Mater....

According to Schmuck U here is the definition,

Schmuck, a Yiddish word, has a range of meaning depending on context. In its most innocuous use, a schmuck is a person who does a stupid thing, in which case "dumb schmuck" is the appropriate expression.

A schmuck's behavior ranges from pesky and inconsiderate, to obnoxious and manipulative. A schmuck's personality type ranges from jerk to *******.

Schmucky behavior also falls within a range of intentionality. Some schmucks carefully plan their bad behavior, some only a little, and some not at all. For example, the ******* may spend considerable time planning his bad deeds. In contrast, the dumb schmuck and the pesky behave badly without any forethought.

I stand by my first post.

I forgot about it and didn't set the DVR before I left town. I wonder if it will be re-aired?

Kelly, try a search with your tvo, it will search about two weeks in advance, some tvo's you can program to record if it ever comes on agian

You know they edit out a lot because by watching the NHRA show on TV, you'd never know how funny Bob Frey is at one of these. One of the highlights of the D1 banquet is his humor, although last year Al Kenny gave him a good run for his money.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back