Couple IHRA Nitro Questions...Help? (1 Viewer)

Jay

Nitro Member
I am trying to learn a few things about the IHRA in comparison to the NHRA...

1.) Do they run 90% Nitro...?

2.) Is it true there are only 3 Qual / 3 Elim Runs?

3.) what is the turnaround time between rounds?

4.) The NHRA estimates approx. 100,000 spectators over a 4 day weekend...Is NHRA even close? Does anyone go?

It seems like if you had all your equipment, and volunteer help, with travel and parts you could run for $20,000-$25,000 per weekend in T/F or Funny Car...Correct?

Thanks again guys....

yes they allow 90% , But we ran 85% as running 90 does absolutly nothing to help data

They only Qualify 8 cars to run on race day

I cant remember what we had to turn the car in? treated it the same as NHRA

yes they allow 90% , But we ran 85% as running 90 does absolutly nothing to help data

They only Qualify 8 cars to run on race day

I cant remember what we had to turn the car in? treated it the same as NHRA

There are 3 qualifying runs though, right..? Then 3 Elimination?

My thought about the 90% Nitro is that you wouldn't have to spin the blower as fast, so you may not hurt as much stuff....right? Just trying to figure out what it costs to run in IHRA...

turn around is like every 2 hrs... according to the schedule... yest 3 quailifiers an three elemination rounds...

since the NHRA uses all tickets counted including the racers as part of the numbers fore the weekend... the IHRA is realy not that much smaller total crowd wise... it mostly depends on the tracks.... for both... some have more than others... some of the IHRA races are higher than some of the NHRA races.. but the NHRA has the biggest crowds over all..

ok go a head and rip me.. i know some don't agree...

Rockignham always has big crowds.... thats why the NHRA wants back in here....

Billy

I would be happpy to put a car toghether for you for $20-$25 k per race. As for my car I always run 90% and plan on running 90% at the 6 races we attend this year, but with new rules talk we may see 80% and a blower limit soon

Don't believe everything NHRA advertises! 100,000 over a 4 day weekend represents maybe 2-3 races Tops! G-ville, Indy, Pomona and Dallas. And even Pomona and Dallas are marginal.

If you notice NHRA hasn't announced crowd sizes since Bruton Smith built tracks in Vegas/Bristol. Should NHRA announce a inflated crowd of say 95,000 and maybe 70,000 bought tickets, it would effect the Market price of Bruton Smith's Stock holdings with investors. And Investors would be calling to ask why the Stock price hadn't adjusted....:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back