Congratulations Spencer Massey (1 Viewer)

Spencer got beat off the line..........I would have lost money on that!!!! :D

Ronnie August Jr. had consistent 0.40/0.60 lights in the same car.... I'm just sayin....

Good luck to Spencer this season in Mitch's second car...

oh and for those who are wondering....you'll see Ronnie in a Top Fuel car later this season again. He's running his Lescure Co. TAFC tuned by Les Davenport at Pomona..... He's back!

Great News For My Home Town Favorite ! Rookie of the year right after winning the IHRA Championship !
How many have down that ?
I'm also happy he gets to do the match race [ basically ] thing at IHRA this year to keep his skills up.
I will keep my fingers crossed that both Spencer and Don return to NHRA Pro and win the big one !

i'm assuming spencer massey is driving pat dakin's TF'r? to a #6 Q 3.769 after 2 rounds at charlotte. great job.
was wondering why they did not race @ indy. pat has usually been at nationals most years?

i'm assuming spencer massey is driving pat dakin's TF'r? to a #6 Q 3.769 after 2 rounds at charlotte. great job.
was wondering why they did not race @ indy. pat has usually been at nationals most years?
Maybe Pat Dakin has COVID and Massey is a fill-in. Massey's fall was a shame....he was an A-list driver at the time and apparently still knows what he's doing (0.46 light yesterday and a picture perfect pass)

Been a while since I helped revive an 11 year old thread..... :)

Brian Lohnes mentioned on the NHRA insider podcast that Dakin was or is currently battling cancer.

Pat Dakin was interviewed on NHRATV on the starting line. He has been sick and is in recovery. I don't think it was COVID.

Who was the other person he exchanged words with?
He allegedly (because I wouldn't know for sure) became inebriated at the banquet and mouthed off a bunch of racial epithets either to - or about - Antron Brown. After given another chance he (allegedly) showed up plastered at some sort of public event and DS said no mas. Then he wound up driving for Gene Snow...I ain't goin' there....

Too bad. I always considered him a likeable and talented driver. Hope he's turned his life around. All the best to Pat Dakin.

He allegedly (because I wouldn't know for sure) became inebriated at the banquet and mouthed off a bunch of racial epithets either to - or about - Antron Brown. After given another chance he (allegedly) showed up plastered at some sort of public event and DS said no mas. Then he wound up driving for Gene Snow...I ain't goin' there....

Too bad. I always considered him a likeable and talented driver. Hope he's turned his life around. All the best to Pat Dakin.
Mostly true...he started driving A-Fuel first for Snow (long time family friend), then Snow helped fund his rise to Top Fuel, first with Mitch King in IHRA, then Prudhomme in 2009 and eventually replacing McClenathan @ Schumacher in 2010.
Not sure the year, but thought the NHRA banquet was a BYOB and got wrecked, spouted off some negative comments to team mate Brown, was suspended by DSR for it. Got back in the seat with an agreement and I believe anger management courses...but something else happened and was released, giving Shawn Langdon his ride in the "Red Fuel" car

Here is a link to an article Comp Plus did with Spencer. The last time I saw Spencer he was having a blast driving his Prevost bus around hauling his bracket cars. But, I haven't seen him in 4 or 5 years.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back