COMPULINK WILL NOT HAVE SUPPORT STAFF AT NHRA FALL NATIONALS (1 Viewer)

Cameron may have made his best run ever. But, because of the timing system screw up, he may as well have left the dragster parked for the Friday session.

Yeah it’s a big deal, especially on a weekend where Saturday may get rained out. Picture this ..... Hagen loses the championship by a point or two after not getting the opportunity for any little points at Bristol.

Why does drag racing not have a transponder type back up system yet? I feel for a guy like Ferre who finally gets the funding to go racing and gets ripped off.
Because they're still stuck in the 20th century. Watch the Formula 1 race next Sunday from Austin, TX to see a quality race broadcast, it's on the ABC network at 3 PM eastern. They've got transponders all over the place as you'll see on the on-screen graphics.

Yeah it’s a big deal, especially on a weekend where Saturday may get rained out. Picture this ..... Hagen loses the championship by a point or two after not getting the opportunity for any little points at Bristol.
He went up in smoke early and shut it off. Now Cruz could have gotten screwed.

My question is, Did NHRA totally get rid of Compulink and are using a totally timing system? They didn't seem to have any issues at the last event?

Because they're still stuck in the 20th century. Watch the Formula 1 race next Sunday from Austin, TX to see a quality race broadcast, it's on the ABC network at 3 PM eastern. They've got transponders all over the place as you'll see on the on-screen graphics.
C'mon Bob - Formula One's annual TV budget almost certainly eclipses the entire revenues of NHRA. That said, there is certainly a LOT of room for improvement and, I suspect, it wouldn't take a LOT of dough.

My question is, Did NHRA totally get rid of Compulink and are using a totally timing system? They didn't seem to have any issues at the last event?
My understanding was it was only at the last event and back to business as usual at this track.

Even with the rain and timing problems, if NHRA/Compulink can properly fix the clocks... they shouldn't have too hard a time finishing this race. Remember there are just 9 of the 17 different NHRA Eliminators being raced. It's NHRA's smallest number of Eliminators raced at a National Event all year and a race I would have loved to attend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back