Competition plus TV Vs Nhra.TV (1 Viewer)

Watched both for a bit today. The thing that stuck out like a sore thumb for me. On Comp. Plus TV you could here the cars and not the announcers. On NHRA TV you could here the announcers and not the cars.
Maybe Alan might chime in on why this is so, and will it ever end?

as it should be,id rather hear the cars than some loudmouth that wont shut up lol

And there are people that want to hear the play by play. People like me :D Particularly during the sportsman racing. I usually leave it on all day and am casually listening instead of intently watching until the go fast guys and gals come to the line (TAD, TAFC, Pro Mod, Pro Stock, Top Fuel and Funny Car). If I am watching Comp or Super Stock or something, I still need the announcers to tell me what happened because NHRAtv doesn't usually put the graphics up of ETs or who won, etc.

Just goes to show you can't please everybody LOL.

Is it raining in Gainesville ? NHRA.TV has no Saturday listed ? Shows Thursday & Friday recorded, then coming Sunday ?

And there are people that want to hear the play by play. People like me :D Particularly during the sportsman racing. I usually leave it on all day and am casually listening instead of intently watching until the go fast guys and gals come to the line (TAD, TAFC, Pro Mod, Pro Stock, Top Fuel and Funny Car). If I am watching Comp or Super Stock or something, I still need the announcers to tell me what happened because NHRAtv doesn't usually put the graphics up of ETs or who won, etc.

Id love to have nhra tv with graphics and no announcers,but thats not possible. (

Is it raining in Gainesville ? NHRA.TV has no Saturday listed ? Shows Thursday & Friday recorded, then coming Sunday ?
I think they might have called it for the day, I haven’t seen anything that they did though. I checked into NHRA.TV a couple times today. Every time I did it said that they were starting in a few hours.

The announcers need to quit yapping once the cars begin the staging process and keep their traps shut until the cars pass the finish line.
I swear Lohnes and Pedregon must get paid by the word.

I miss the Pre NHRA TV days, when as a member you could log in and listen to the track announcers. Used to just have it on the shop speakers like the radio...just listening and working.

I miss the Pre NHRA TV days, when as a member you could log in and listen to the track announcers. Used to just have it on the shop speakers like the radio...just listening and working.
You can still do that.

But you can, all you need to do is eq the audio so announcer audio is under car audio, just like if you were @ the track, announcer should be drowned out when the cars are running. Dean Papadeaus produced stunning Drag Racing video in the 80’s doing exactly that. Announcer is absolutely essential to tell the story, but the sound is what creates the drama.

Personally Im in the minority as I would rather hear the announcers than hear, zoom zoom zoom all day because once you hear one fuel car on tv it all sounds the same, although I agree with one post that said the announcer should lay out when the racers stage.

There's a difference between announcing and talking incessantly. In most sports today, the announcers have been led to believe they are the stars of the show, not the event itself. I would like to hear the burnout. I would like to hear them stage. I would like to hear the launch. Tidbits can be thrown in, but we're to the point now where it is non stop yapping, and you can hardly hear the race cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back