College Football Time Again! (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Hey guys, anyone want to talk any college football? Husker update: We are now part of the Big Ten (Big Tenlve?) a move that was looked upon by some as strictly a money grab deal and us running from Texas...and I'm not totally sure that isn't close to the truth, although I hate to admit it.

Anyway, fellow Big Ten maters, how do you think the Huskers will fare against Big Ten opponents? In our opener against feared 1-AA opponent Tennessee-Chattanooga :rolleyes: I saw very little improvement over last year. Great defense and an offense that seems to emulate Rick Stewart's starting line antics (and about as effective!). We must generate some sort of consistent offense or it will be a looooong year. Terry the Husker (although this is blasphemy in Big Red Country to say) feels that as long as we have a head coach that is more of a defensive coordinator than a head coach, our team will continue to reflect his love of defense and disinterest in offense. I hope I'm wrong...I really do.

Anyway, I hope some of the College Football thread folks from the past will check in and share some opinions and some digs!

You may be hitting the Big Ten at the right time.

Michigan is on the way back up but Rich Rod buried us so we are still a year or two away from the top. At least they will be respectable this year and get 8 wins.

Tressel-gate has tore Ohio State apart. They still have the talent but it will need to be seen how they do.

Penn State and Iowa are down this year, not weak but not up to their usual toughness.

Michigan State-They have a hard enough time putting one great year together but it looks like they will be able to back up last year's success.

Wisconsin-Will still be in a tough game.

Each team has some holes and nobody is dominant. MSU, Wisc and OSU will likely be the ones to challenge to Huskers.

Hey Terry, how ya doing???

Nebraska is probably going to hand the Golden Gophers their rear-ends. The thing is, my daughter-in-law is a rabid Huskers fan, (Her step dad is an alum.) so when they do play the Gophs, she plans on throwing a big football party. I think I'll play it safe and remain neutral.......

Hey Terry, how ya doing???

Nebraska is probably going to hand the Golden Gophers their rear-ends. The thing is, my daughter-in-law is a rabid Huskers fan, (Her step dad is an alum.) so when they do play the Gophs, she plans on throwing a big football party. I think I'll play it safe and remain neutral.......
Good to hear from you David! Maybe we can work up a little wager on the NU MU game with the loser making a small donation to DRAW? I'm afraid we're a bit overrated at this time if our offense doesn't improve, but we'll see.

I am real curious to see how the Oklahoma, OK State, and Texas deal shakes out. With Texas A&M already joining us in the SEC, looks like this may signal the start of the super conferences and the end of some of the smaller ones---Big 12 in particular. As for the season, I am ready to see my Hogs play somebody---which happens a week from Saturday in Tuscaloosa. SEC west will be a wild one this year I suspect.

Good to hear from you David! Maybe we can work up a little wager on the NU MU game with the loser making a small donation to DRAW? I'm afraid we're a bit overrated at this time if our offense doesn't improve, but we'll see.

I think I'll take you up on that Terry. We'll determine the amount as the game gets closer, and we have an idea about how the teams are playing the season out.

And, DRAW it is.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back