Chip Foose does it again (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
Check out the current Kalitta blog at nhra.com for a sneak peek at the next upcoming Foose car. Ben was telling me about this thing in Denver and I couldn't believe what they're doing. There will be absolutley NO decals anywhere on the vehichle, including the contingency sponsors. Chip is painting it completley by himself. This thing is a piece of art. Doug better be careful! If it were me, I'd be afraid to run the thing down the track!

That should be sweet. Vinyl wraps are like a certain fake female body part. They can look awesome until you get close enough to realize they aren't the real deal.

Hey everyone,

I want to clarify the fact that Chip is still painting the car. The photos that are on the NHRA.com are "in progress photos and Chip is planning to hand paint all of the associate sponsor signage...old school like... All of the sponsors will be recognized on the car! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Suzie

I could care less about the paint scheme! I would just like to see someone under the kalitta banner win a race! ;)

How long has it been since. :rolleyes:

Hey everyone,

I want to clarify the fact that Chip is still painting the car. The photos that are on the NHRA.com are "in progress photos and Chip is planning to hand paint all of the associate sponsor signage...old school like... All of the sponsors will be recognized on the car! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Suzie
maybe you can hand paint sponsor and assoc. sponsors, but can you paint
contingency sponsors? seems to me i remember a few years ago they banned
that, saying you had to run the official contingency decal?
the Pisano FC's used to have contingency sponsors hand lettered along lowest
edge of body.....looked awesome.

maybe you can hand paint sponsor and assoc. sponsors, but can you paint
contingency sponsors? seems to me i remember a few years ago they banned
that, saying you had to run the official contingency decal?
the Pisano FC's used to have contingency sponsors hand lettered along lowest
edge of body.....looked awesome.

I think they can be painted on, but they must be exact renditions of the official decal.

Hey everyone,

Suzie

How could you possibly know that Suzie, you act like your related to a member of Team Kalitta or something!:p;)

I think they can be painted on, but they must be exact renditions of the official decal.

The reason that NHRA said it had to be the original stickers was because all the stock and super stock guys that used all the same color signage for the sponsers. Remember all the same color to match the cars color design.

The reason that NHRA said it had to be the original stickers was because all the stock and super stock guys that used all the same color signage for the sponsers. Remember all the same color to match the cars color design.

I'll have to look it up in the rule book later, but be that as it may, I don't think Connie is to worried about missing out on $500 from Fel Pro if they win and the renditions Chip Foose does don't meet the standard. Just sayin.

;)

I'll have to look it up in the rule book later, but be that as it may, I don't think Connie is to worried about missing out on $500 from Fel Pro if they win and the renditions Chip Foose does don't meet the standard. Just sayin.

;)

LOL. Good point. I'm sure he'll go with whatever Chip wants.

I have been out of touch the last 4 days. I got some bug that has been going around here and I thought I was going to die!

Anyway, I know the car will look great! Chip is a Master at his game! :D

Chip is putting alot of effort into the car and I expect it will be what it is, One Of A Kind .
I just got back in town and tried to work, no not sick but its hot enough to melt pavement and other than going out to the track for some Pro Mod action I'm couch potato.
I can see the cars sinking through the goo .
It's going to hit 106 in the Metro Plex by Tuesday!
I'm feeling sick too Suzie
Whats the temps in Brainard 97 ?
Oh God the Dog Days of summer have arrived.
I was going to help my cousin at a car show tomorrow but like Susie I think I am gonna plead sick.
Getting too old for standing in stiffling heat all after noon.
The Tractor pull won't start till 9:00 at night.
You can start breathing without burning up your lungs about then.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back