Chicago Stock Eliminator (1 Viewer)

ok, not C/S, but stock nonetheless.
2014 stock champion austin williams with perfect light in indy final to win the H/SA heads up final. how cool is that.......at around 10:30pm last nite.
sportsman at indy endure the entire marathon.
noticed that C/SA class trophy was reversed. brannon over j. line on the track. decision reversed due to tech infraction.

Just saw this and thought it was worth sharing. Indy Stock Final. Do I sound tired?

Alan

This was cool. Always love Stock & S/S cuz of the wheelies. Ya know one car I'd love to see would be 1962 Pontiac with the 421 engine. They were pretty strong back in the day. Alan, I do have a question. Waaaay back in 1962, NHRA had the FX classes. I do remember one team with a '62 Tempest, the little compact car, with a 421 combination, ran A/FX. Would a car like that be legal in S/S today? Maybe in the GT class? Just curious. Hope you get some rest Bro.

Just saw this and thought it was worth sharing. Indy Stock Final. Do I sound tired?

Alan

No you don't. That it was the best call, pro or sportsman I ever heard.

Last edited:
The stock final was awesome. Shame it was so late. My butt would have been planted in the stands if I was there.

chris knudsen wins again @ HCR event at earlville, ia yesterday. was not there, but heard air was killer. really fast e.t.'s / personal bests.

Last edited:
The air was pretty decent but not killer good. The DA was 1600 on Saturday and 2000 on Sunday. We did have a 29.10 baro. both days, so that's pretty solid. Saturday was a 12-14 mph head wind, Sunday the wind was stronger and switched to a 1 to 2 o'clock direction. All in all, it's about the best we get out here. 57 cars in our Stock/Super Stock race...here's the qualifying sheet. Might be some familiar names on it...

WE0GFNkh.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back