Chase vs. Countdown..... (1 Viewer)

house

Nitro Member
Anyone else think that it's hillarious how, during their top end interviews, so many drivers refer to "making the Chase," only to quickly correct themselves with a subdued, "I mean the Countdown." I wonder if there is an NHRA Director of Political Correctness behind the camera holding up a sign that says something like, "IT'S THE COUNTDOWN, DUMMIE!"

which ever way its said, it still stinks!!!!!!!! the best and fastest car in a class will not win it this year mark my words!

I find it amusing as well, I know Larry Dixon and John Force both called it the chase and then they both corrected themselves. When they first announced the chase last year I didn't like it, and it seems like each week I hate it a little more than the week before.

which ever way its said, it still stinks!!!!!!!! the best and fastest car in a class will not win it this year mark my words!

There have been times when the quickest and fastest car hasn't won the championship in the old system as well. Look at Schumacher in '99, he won just one race and did it kind of late in the season, but he had the most consistent car. That's what usually wins the championship, and it's going to be the same under the new system, except now you have to be consistent late in the season as well as early in the season.

Well can you blame NHRA for not wanting to be confused with NASCAR !
Call it sibling rivery I guess.
I know who's fault they coppied NASCAR anyway.

I keep waiting for one of them to call it the clowndown or some other true description of it:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back