Brogdon come up just short in opening round at Sonoma (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1](Sonoma, CA) A beautiful weekend in the wine country of northern California ended early for the Charter Communications Pro Stock team Sunday afternoon at Infineon Raceway. In the opening rounds of eliminations driver Rodger Brogdon was off the line first against opponent Johnny Gray but as he shifted into second gear the car made a move to the left and that small bobble cost the team a victory when Gray crossed the finish line just fifteen thousandths of a second ahead of Brogdon.

"I did what I needed to do off the line,” said Brogdon, “and looking at the numbers on the time slip we out ran him from half track on, it was just that momentary move to the left early in the run that cost us in the end.”

“I know I’ve said it before,” Rodger added, “but this team just continues to improve. Over the last four or five races we have been in some of the closest races that there has been in the opening round of eliminations. Fifteen thousandths today, six thousand a couple of weeks ago, and I can’t forget the run against WJ at Norwalk, that run was decided by just inches at the finish line when we ran identical elapsed times. The close ones are tough to lose, but they also tell us that the team’s hard work is paying off. When you’re running that close to the rest of the Pro Stock field, you know that sooner or later some of those close wins will show up in our win column.”

The Steve Kent owned team will take the time off between California and the next event in Brainerd Minnesota to return home, freshen their operation and restock the teams transporter after the grueling three week western swing that saw stops in Denver, Seattle and this week’s event in Sonoma California.

With fresh engines from Victor Cagnazzi’s engine shop and some testing prior to continuing the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Tour, the team will look to continue their climb into the thick of the Pro Stock battles. With just nine events left in 2009, the Charter Communications Pontiac with driver Rodger Brogdon on board will continue to pursue the round wins that right now seem so elusive.

Next stop for the team will be the 28th annual Lucas Oil Nationals in Brainerd Minnesota, an event that always provides for great competition in the beautiful wooded lake country of northern Minnesota.

Attachments

• Roger B..jpg
    Roger B..jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 3
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back