Bill Bader Jr speaks about Norwalk (1 Viewer)

Well Bill Sr. owned the IHRA for several years.

Mark said major. and as far as drag racing is concerned, the NHRA, like them or not have been the only major player for the most part of the sport's existence. One of the first things out of Roy Hill's mouth, who was running IHRA Pro Stock at the time, when I went to his school years ago when asked about his opinion of the NHRA was something to the effect of, "What I think of them doesn't matter. They're the Big Show and we gotta have 'em". So even then the IHRA guys knew who the big dog was.

I won't speak for Mark, but I would guess he meant something along the line of what could happen if the Baders ran the show in the NHRA.

Sean D

Last edited:
I have been familiar with the Baders for many years Not only are they smart business men they are not afraid of work. Not a lot of finger waging from them, something needs doing they just might be the ones doing it no matter how trivial. And that's how you spell success!

Norwalk was one of the tracks we ran frequently when I lived in that part of the country, and never had anything but repect for the Baders (Bill Sr. was running the show back then.)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back