Beserko Bob-The Bare Truth (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Ya have to be a geezer somewhat to remember this one. Back in the mid 70s, the dude that frequents this board was some kind of character to say the least. This deal went down at Raceway Park, it was a Thursday, a day after a rain out of one of E-Towns famous Wednesday meets. Jungle Jim wanted to make a test run on I think a new ride.

It was either Bob's or Jungle's birthday. Jungle was in the car, ya gotta be old to remember this, "White Peter" firing up the car blocking Jungle's view. So Bob wearing that completely ridiculous hat that he was somewhat known for, and folks it was ridiculous even for the 70's, and just boots on, bare naked, White Peter fired the car, ol Bob went and put water on one side of the car, walked in front of the car so Jungle could see his bare white A$$, laid down some water on the other tire, and Jungle Jim did his burnout.

Great stuff back in the day.

[email protected] Jungle Jim driving Lew Arrington's Brutus GTO.

Ya have to be a geezer somewhat to remember this one. Back in the mid 70s, the dude that frequents this board was some kind of character to say the least. This deal went down at Raceway Park, it was a Thursday, a day after a rain out of one of E-Towns famous Wednesday meets. Jungle Jim wanted to make a test run on I think a new ride.

It was either Bob's or Jungle's birthday. Jungle was in the car, ya gotta be old to remember this, "White Peter" firing up the car blocking Jungle's view. So Bob wearing that completely ridiculous hat that he was somewhat known for, and folks it was ridiculous even for the 70's, and just boots on, bare naked, White Peter fired the car, ol Bob went and put water on one side of the car, walked in front of the car so Jungle could see his bare white A$$, laid down some water on the other tire, and Jungle Jim did his burnout.

Great stuff back in the day.

[email protected] Jungle Jim driving Lew Arrington's Brutus GTO.
A picture of that day with BB standing near JJ's funny car has been posted here several times in the past (if I'm not mistaken) and also over at the classic funny car site.

That photo and many more from my archives will be in the new book I'm in the process of writing for the past three years and it's hopefully going to be finished some time mid-2022.

Here's a preview of one of the stories of the other times i streaked the drag strip:

15.jpg
40.jpg

HA! I remember the streakers. Saw a couple at the old Irwindale. One guy ran down the track aways and the other rode a drag bike......

First it's spelled "Berserko", next I'm alive & well in in North Palm Beach, Florida, just turned 75 and I'm really healthy for an old guy. Don't think that I've mellowed much.
That's what I thought, but the thread heading used the "r" and Google liked it that way too. You are unique and one of a kind, but we knew that. 👍👍

One night at Orange County International Raceway a Streaker jumped out of an El Camino and ran down the track. The El Camino was following alongside him on the return Road, but suddenly came to a stop, turned around and drove back to the pits leaving the Streaker to fend for himself on the track. Was that you?

One night at Orange County International Raceway a Streaker jumped out of an El Camino and ran down the track. The El Camino was following alongside him on the return Road, but suddenly came to a stop, turned around and drove back to the pits leaving the Streaker to fend for himself on the track. Was that you?
Nope...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back