Bernstein Family Announcement- Kenny Returns in a Funny Car (1 Viewer)

You can't tell me that KB isn't more popular than Whit.KB will sell product on name alone.He looks to be in GREAT shape(hope I look that good when I am his age).I am Glad to have him back in action.I think he is one of those who's age isn't gonna be an issue.

Monster now owned by Coca cola.At least that is what my my buddy who has had conversations and meetings with Monster people recently just told me.

Kenny said that Monster was distrubuted by Bud.:confused:

Yup, it was the sports drink part of Anheuser-Busch

I'm a little confused now. When the announcement was made, I checked out Monster Energry Drinks to see who they were, where you buy them, etc. I'd never heard of them before. The only conclusion I could draw was that Monster Enegry was either a subsidiary or brand name of the Hansen Natural Corporation. Was this sale to Anheuser Busch recent? I was able to find a quote on Hansen's stock (HANS) on NASDAQ today so I was guessing they were still a separate company? :confused: Maybe I should buy some? :eek:

Hansen Makes, A/B is their US marketing outline through their local distributors.

And out of all the 'energy' drinks out there, Monster is the only one I can get past the smell... ain't nothing stinks worst than Red Bull and Jagger, or Red Bull and Vodka.

Didn't sound like Snake was too impressed with Kenny's return from retirement, did it? I'm torn myself.

Whereas I'm extremely excited about seeing Kenny race a Funny Car again, especially given the close competition in the class these days, a part of me agrees with Snake. A lot of folks spent a lot of their hard earned money on "Forever Red" memorabilia because Kenny said he was finished. However, since I've never had the honor & privilege of strapping into a 320+ MPH race car, I don't know how strong the desire to do it again must be, so it's difficult, if not impossible for me to criticize the man for his decision to return.

But let me ask this question... Is Ray Alley going to be ready and willing to "write in the margins" of the rule book given his recent tour as director of Top Fuel & Funny Car operations? Or... Is he going to be able to take advantage of "tricks' he's been observing all these years in that capacity? Should be interesting.

Didn't sound like Snake was too impressed with Kenny's return from retirement, did it? I'm torn myself.

Whereas I'm extremely excited about seeing Kenny race a Funny Car again, especially given the close competition in the class these days, a part of me agrees with Snake. A lot of folks spent a lot of their hard earned money on "Forever Red" memorabilia because Kenny said he was finished. However, since I've never had the honor & privilege of strapping into a 320+ MPH race car, I don't know how strong the desire to do it again must be, so it's difficult, if not impossible for me to criticize the man for his decision to return.

Why do people make a big deal about the farewell tour merchandise sales? Are you in the poor house because you bought a tee shirt? I am just happy to see a legend returning to the seat. It will make it that much easier for me to spend my money on going to the races next year and buying some Monster for the vodka.

Why do people make a big deal about the farewell tour merchandise sales? Are you in the poor house because you bought a tee shirt? I am just happy to see a legend returning to the seat. It will make it that much easier for me to spend my money on going to the races next year and buying some Monster for the vodka.

I'm not making a 'Big' deal about it, but I'm not in the poor house either. My reference was more in support of those who may be. Believe it or not a $24.00 t-shirt is a big expense for some fans who have already spent as much as they do to attend the race in the first place.

I too, am extremely happy to see the King of Speed returning to the seat, I was merely making a little conversation stating where I could see how some might not feel the same way.

But let me ask this question... Is Ray Alley going to be ready and willing to "write in the margins" of the rule book given his recent tour as director of Top Fuel & Funny Car operations? Or... Is he going to be able to take advantage of "tricks' he's been observing all these years in that capacity? Should be interesting.

Senior Chief
Part one, Try a Cat shot, even sitting in the back of a C.O.D. I'd love to do that again, only did it once, a long, long time ago.

Part two, yeah I think Ray could... and, ah, yeah... and who does the NHRA have that understands the 'brakes' that Ray has put on Pro racing the last few years?

Karl,

I've experienced somewhere between 18 & 24 cat shots, so I understand that thrill, and it is pretty cool. But I don't think it compares to the acceleration in a Top Fuel or Funny Car. The end speed of the average F/A-18 when it leaves the shuttle & lifts off the flight deck is around 150 knots & the cat stroke takes about two to two and a half seconds, whereas a TF car is exceeding 100 MPH in under nine tenths of a second and reaches over 260 by half track. Once the Hornet is airborne, it's accelerating much, much quicker than any fule car though - no question. (Sorry for being off topic.)

As for Ray Alley - now that's going to be interesting, no doubt about it. And I have no idea who's going to fill his vacant seat in NHRA, but I'll be interested to see if there are any 'new' changes in fuel racing once it happens.

I thought this up all by myself

Actually I'm cutting and pasting some thoughts from the great "Wrenchski", who's been my spiritual advisor for posting on drag racing oriented internet message boards. This is regarding Ray Alley going with Kenny B:

"Waitaminnit...

The ONE guy who has been INSIDE EVERYBODY ELSES
EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTERS is NOW gonna be a crewchief?

Guess NHRA forgot to put a no-compete clause in his contract.

I'd be MIGHTILY FU**I*G P*S*ED if I was one of the other competitors."

Now, I, for one, have gotten my spiritually uplifting fix for the day.

Thanks, Mr. Ski

:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back