Baze tell his side of the story (1 Viewer)

I'm not bashing anyone just stating that Whit is outspoken more so than most and he is labled "the bad boy of drag racing" for voicing his views.
I wonder where we as a nation would be if our forefathers didn't voice their opnions?

If a forefather voiced an opinion that was wrong or needlessly disrespectful and someone complained about it, I hope there was nobody like you or Jon around, especially if you were a fan of the particular forefather.

Why would you attack those who disagree with some things Whit has said and done with a line like "Some people just don't like to hear the truth." instead of just disagreeing with WHAT they say or HOW they disagree with Whit? If you hadn't done that and Jon hadn't done it in is article, I never would have posted on this thread. Thank you for informing me of what we label him as, as well. The next time someone says or does something and I start to think it's ridiculous, I guess I need to check with you people first to see if it's okay to think that way, much less voice it.

Instead of taking pot shots as to why you people would make up stuff to explain away the people who disagree with what Whit has said and done, I'll just ask the question. What kind of loyalty do you have with this guy that would have you do that? I wouldn't do that for a best friend who I knew was honest, mainly because I wouldn't HAVE TO! Why would I want to discredit myself and the person I was defending, making it look like they need fabrications to defend them? Why do you think you can make up things about their psychological makeup that you know you can't have a way in the world of knowing? Don't you realize that the more you make up things about the people who've disagreed with Whit, the worse you actually make Whit look? You talk about how honest he is WHILE you're lying about the people you're talking about. Remind me to never have you vouch for me.

Hell, I'll be the first to say that I believe Whit deserves better than YOU people defending him!

Last edited:
Well . . . If Rod putting on both lights (and I seriously doubt it was intentional) had caused Whit to red light or have a bad reaction time, there might be some reasoning for this outburst.
BUT . . . Whit had a better light and just got outrun. Therefore, IMHO, there was absolutely no reason for another tantrum, especially directed at a teamate. Of couse, there was "making nice" on tonight's show.
We all admire competitive spirit, but at some point you have to engage your brain before putting your mouth in gear.

Well . . . If Rod putting on both lights (and I seriously doubt it was intentional) had caused Whit to red light or have a bad reaction time, there might be some reasoning for this outburst.
BUT . . . Whit had a better light and just got outrun. Therefore, IMHO, there was absolutely no reason for another tantrum, especially directed at a teamate. Of couse, there was "making nice" on tonight's show.
We all admire competitive spirit, but at some point you have to engage your brain before putting your mouth in gear.

You'd better watch out there. You'll get pegged for "blistering him for his openness and personal honesty....", or "just not wanting to hear the truth", or being one of "those fans who are so conservative that they feel no driver should ever make even slightly negative comments about another." :D :D :D

Which Whit hate group are you in, Jim? I gotta know so I know if I can associate with you anymore! (If you knew how hard I'm laughing just trying to type this.)

I believe Whit would be better off if people didn't try to defend him and just let sh*t go when he does it instead of perpetuating it. :D This personal attack business only works in the media where people can't fight back. That might be where you folks are confusing things. On here you actually have to deal with the people you're talking about.

Last edited:
In the future I will try to make posts like this later in the day so at least it won't be hot coffee.

Now get back to sanding... or is it painting this week?

By the way are you still going to be done in two weeks?
Oh H no!! Patron after brunch really burns the nose holes... :eek:

It's always been sanding and painting and sanding... Polishing soon... :rolleyes:

And I have NEVER!! waivered, not one time about it taking two weeks... Everyone that has asked since May has known I clearly say, two more weeks... :p

Karl, you are very right about a work of art never being complete... And no to the mummy, which I believe is five miles away in a museum basement...

And I have always gone by the motto, if you want something done right and all that noise...

Pics?? You know what flat black looks like... Right??
Maybe in the end, I'll do a little slideshow on photobucket... It would really put you to sleep right now...
I put two coats of base on the hood before I left today... Wetsand tomorrow and two more coats of base followed by four of clearcoat... Then I can start on the roof... I started and did almost half and decided to take care of that issue now with JoAnne's blessing... Sort of...Give me like, two more weeks... :eek:

BTW- That pic was from six month's before I started...

Jim
Your point is well taken. I still stand by my post though. There are only three things people are still talking about since the Denver race. Tolliver's body being destroyed, Whit's comments, and...............OK only two things:)

Hopefully you see my point isn't that I agree with everything that comes out of his mouth............

I agree that being outspoken, emotional or controversy is all good, and it does get the folks talking and if it is really good a mention some of the other shows besides the NHRA broadcast. Which is always a good thing.

I agree with you.Hopefully both Rod & Whit do well on race day.:)

Oh H no!! Patron after brunch really burns the nose holes... :eek:

It's always been sanding and painting and sanding... Polishing soon... :rolleyes:

And I have NEVER!! waivered, not one time about it taking two weeks... Everyone that has asked since May has known I clearly say, two more weeks... :p

Karl, you are very right about a work of art never being complete... And no to the mummy, which I believe is five miles away in a museum basement...

And I have always gone by the motto, if you want something done right and all that noise...

Pics?? You know what flat black looks like... Right??
Maybe in the end, I'll do a little slideshow on photobucket... It would really put you to sleep right now...
I put two coats of base on the hood before I left today... Wetsand tomorrow and two more coats of base followed by four of clearcoat... Then I can start on the roof... I started and did almost half and decided to take care of that issue now with JoAnne's blessing... Sort of...Give me like, two more weeks... :eek:

BTW- That pic was from six month's before I started...

Karl had a good point I never thought about it as a work of art. That makes more sense now why it would take a full 2 weeks. And I would like to see a pic, I don't even know exactly what the art work is we are talking about. A truck I think.

PS: This is another weak thread (I just had to say it)

But, you and others are silent when people say we're just envious, we just don't like the truth, we say what we do about Whit because we're too conservative. I guess now I have to figure out which "Whit hate group" I'm in, because the first thing I do when I get up every morning is figure out how I'm going to hate Whit today. Little vast conservative conspiracy we've got going on. Be a fan of Whit all you want, but don't make up things about the people who disagree with what he's said and done. If you want to attack their opinion, do it all you want. But, leave the people alone. Should I be surprised that Jon's a journalist and he does this? He even continued to do it in his rebuttle to me. If you can't defend what Whit says WITHOUT having to fabricate things to discredit the people who've disagreed with him, what does that say about YOUR lack of substance?

Bullseye number two.

Apparently double bulbing doesnt matter to some drivers. Hillary Will's visor fogged up first round and she accidently double bulbed Larry Dixon. Know what he said afterwards? Didnt bother him, just did his normal thing knows that once he prestages then he has 7 seconds to stage. NO biggie. Didnt throw him off.

Apparently double bulbing doesnt matter to some drivers. Hillary Will's visor fogged up first round and she accidently double bulbed Larry Dixon. Know what he said afterwards? Didnt bother him, just did his normal thing knows that once he prestages then he has 7 seconds to stage. NO biggie. Didnt throw him off.

Well, the world's not out to get Larry. :D

Let's see.. Hillary Will double bulbs Larry Dixon. Dixon is calm an collected..

Ashley Force tries to move the wall with a funny car. 1st driver there is Larry Dixon whom is calm an collected.

When interviewed about both he is still calm an thoughtful.

People picked on Cory Mac a few times about his bottle and helmet throwing. BUT has anyone heard Cory Mac say things like Whit has? Emotions are fine. BUT to open your mouth and denouncing a teammate even off the camera isn't a good thing. Whit needs to stop an think before blaming others.

Just my $.05 (inflation)

People say that Whit "speaks his mind." Actually his "fans" say that (I prefer to call them deniers).

I can tell you that you can speak your mind without being a jerk, like Whit is. Look at Larry Dixon. He is a class act and the complete opposite of Whit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back