BangShift.com to have LIVE Streaming video from the 2010 Holley NHRR (1 Viewer)

It will be great to finally meet both of you chubby guys. I'll be a last minute fill in crewman for "Rooman" and his Top Fuel digger from Brownsberg, IN.

Wish I was there ... my Dad has the RV in the campground without me :(

The entry list for Funny Car looks a little light ... only 3 cars made a hit yesterday?!?!?

So what is the "real" story ... why did all the Funny Cars bail on this event to run Cordova this week??

Because most of the funny car owners and drivers are not professionals, unable to make repeated week after week races because of financial or family commitments.

This is not 1972 and the midwest/east is still light on the amount of fuel funny cars, by far the majority of cars are on the west coast. The "Pedaler" and "Burn-N-Money" are back there for some select races, but give it a few years, the supply is low and the demand is larger every year.

FULL FIELD OF NITRO FUNNY CARS ENTERED FOR THIS WEEKEND

A full field of Nitro Funny Cars are pre-entered for the Drag Racing Online AA Funny Car Eliminator presented by Lucas Oil for this Friday and Saturday, June 25 & 26. "We are delighted to have both quality and quantity Funny Cars for this event" said Scott Gardner. "With all the match racing going on with these cars, it's refreshing to see so many wanting to participate in a real competition class" he continued.

The Funny Cars will have two qualifying sessions (Friday at 7 PM and Saturday Afternoon) to make the 8-car eliminator. Final eliminations are scheduled for 6 PM Saturday (but could start earlier if the weather is an issue on Saturday evening). In addition to the AA Funny Cars there will be Nitro front-engine Top Fuel Dragsters and those wild short wheel based Nitro gulping Altereds from the West Coast.

For those who really like Detroit Muscle Cars, pre-entries in Nostalgia Super Stock is 40 strong and more than 30 wheelstanding gear jamming Super Shifters plus a dozen Geezer Gassers are expected to also attend. These cars along with Beswick's "Tameless Tiger" versus the "Grocery Getter" and add another 100 sportsman cars and it will be a huge event!

Pre-Entered Nitro Funny Cars
1. Man-O-War
2. Pedaler
3. Secret Weapon -
4. Violator
5. Shake and Bake
6. Plastic Fantastic
7. Twin Town Shaker
8. Burn'in Money
9. White Trash

GENERAL INFORMATION
Friday, June 25
Adults $20, Kids (6-12) $5
Feature Cars 7 PM

Saturday, June 26
Adults $25, Kids (6-12) $5
Feature Show 6 PM
Note: Racing all day Saturday along with a car show and various race cars displays. Come early and enjoy everything!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back