Bakersfield march meet 2023 (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Nitro Member
Hi all, I am coming over from the UK for the 2023 March meet. All booked up, got the tickets etc, but I can't seem to find much info on the meeting itself. My question is are there any nostalgia sites that have information on the March meet such as entries and who may be appearing?
Many thanks.

Famosa Facebook has good info and alot will be added as the MM gets closer. Also, follow Nitro Reports and some of the Nostalgia Race Teams.
https://www.facebook.com/Famoso.Dragstrip

Famosa Facebook has good info and alot will be added as the MM gets closer. Also, follow Nitro Reports and some of the Nostalgia Race Teams.
https://www.facebook.com/Famoso.Dragstrip
This year's March Meet is a NHRA Heritage series Race.

Let me help clear up a few things.

Since the inception of the NHRA Heritage Series, the March Meet has always been part of that series. Like all Heritage Series race (except for the reunions), the events are ran by the tracks themselves.

The Auto Club is no longer part of the Famoso track, That relationship ended a couple of years ago.

There is no one spot for a chat room to get information. Best bet is to stay tune on Facebook pages that feature individual classes.

The entry list won't be finalize until the week of the event. Even then, don't count on seeing those who say will be there. Some teams for various reasons don't make.

Best to pack your foul weather gear just in case.

Once again, we have not signed up to race, but if the weather is nice we will go on Saturday.

Hi all, I am coming over from the UK for the 2023 March meet. All booked up, got the tickets etc, but I can't seem to find much info on the meeting itself. My question is are there any nostalgia sites that have information on the March meet such as entries and who may be appearing?
Many thanks.

Many thanks.
Here you go!

I went in 2015 and it was crystal clear blue skies the whole race. I guess I lucked out
I live about 35 miles from the track over the mountains (70 miles by the road). The weather can be a crap shoot even through out the week. It has been a severe drought here for years, but we have had more rain for the past few weeks than several years combined (El Nino). Snow forecast for this side of the hill for tonight. We are at 2650 feet and Famoso is about 700. The only thing is that our weather people are the only ones that can be wrong 50/60 % of the time and still keep their job. To get track weather check McFarland and not Bakersfield.
I went in 2015 and it was crystal clear blue skies the whole race. I guess I lucked out

I live about 35 miles from the track over the mountains (70 miles by the road). The weather can be a crap shoot even through out the week. It has been a severe drought here for years, but we have had more rain for the past few weeks than several years combined (El Nino). Snow forecast for this side of the hill for tonight. We are at 2650 feet and Famoso is about 700. The only thing is that our weather people are the only ones that can be wrong 50/60 % of the time and still keep their job. To get track weather check McFarland and not Bakersfield.
I have everything crossed for good weather 🙂🤞

You near Tehachapi?

As has been said, the March Meet is a GREAT race!!! I have recently heard that my UK friends Andy Willsheer and Herb Andrews are also attending. Your best bet to try to figure out who will be there is on FaceBook groups - Nostalgia Top Fuel, Nostalgia Funny Cars, AA/FA 6.00 and Nitro Pro Comp. I am trying my best to go race again this year after winning Nitro Pro Comp last year. Maybe going to put my roadster body on and run as a fuel altered!

Lyle Greenberg
Cone Hunter Nitro Funny Car/Fuel Altered

Attachments

• Winners Circle by Dave Kommel.jpg
    Winners Circle by Dave Kommel.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 44
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back