Audrey Worm Racing Hauler Robbed (1 Viewer)

Having been ripped off several times in my lifetime, these stories always piss me off. Wishing them the best in recovering their losses. Maybe a little help from some of their more well funded fuel racing family? Lookinv at the list, is the value of a PSI screw blower really only $3000?

Having been ripped off several times in my lifetime, these stories always piss me off. Wishing them the best in recovering their losses. Maybe a little help from some of their more well funded fuel racing family? Lookinv at the list, is the value of a PSI screw blower really only $3000?
Did not say screw blower

I always wonder about these thefts. What is your average thief going to do with a PSI blower? Not like you can take it to your local pawn shop and sell it on. Or a rack of DSR rods? And Pistons?

Also, it is CRAZY cheap to secure your trailer these days, less than $500 would have let them know when the door got opened, also provides GPS data should the whole trailer ever get stolen outright.

Here in Florida I have friends who have lost complete racing rigs, tools and even the drag car inside the trailer.
It seems in many cases the crooks have done their homework and either spend time watching and waiting for the best time when no one was around or in some cases bribed someone to look the other way for a while.

In the case of the Audrey Worm Racing Hauler was it parked some where that everyone could see it? Or was it parked some where where it really could not be seen?

I believe many times the crooks have spend time just watching and waiting. How long was the race hauler parked where it was before the crime and then ask yourself did you see anything that looked out of place of unusual in the day's before the incident happened.

Contacting the police is some cases and asking simple questions like is this crime common for this area because if the answer is yes you might just be looking for someone local instead of a professional.

For a number of years the big car show in Tennessee "Shades of the Past" had problems with cars being stolen and for a few years it was more then just a few cars and trailers missing.
I had a friend who drove up and went to the show and then stayed at a hotel with 24 hour security guards at the entrance to the parking lots and yet when my friend woke up the next morning and walked outside his car was gone. How did they a car parked inside a gated area with a 24 security guard who checks everyone entering or leaving is a good question.
Just some things to think about.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I always wonder about these thef
Also, it is CRAZY cheap to secure your trailer these days, less than $500 would have let them know when the door got opened, also provides GPS data should the whole trailer ever get stolen outright.
it happens, even Force’s team had their wheels stolen off thir crew vehicle not long ago.

It happened at a truck stop,ud think there would be Cameras all over ??

"Wow, "Entire premises is under 24 hour video surveillance" eh? That must be pretty expensive, huh?"

"Nah! Cost about $15 bucks for the sign!"

Haven't raced an NHRA race in years, but I am told by those that do the days of leaving your stuff unlocked when you go to the lanes is over----at least if you want to have it when you come back.

There was a discussion here a few years ago, where a team that had gone to the lanes had wallets and such stolen from the camper. My reaction was WTH? What were you thinking leaving your wallet behind in an unlocked camper????

I've never been able to figure that out.

Or, for a while here, joggers were getting their parked cars broken into, and wallets and purses stolen. "But I hid it under the seat!" WTF? You didn't think that's the first place they'll look???

Last edited:
Not everyone puts their driving suit on with their wallet in the pocket -or HIT under the seat? Hid maybe- hit it never tried that it might get mad at me----

That really is something from the good ole days that I miss. We never locked anything and never worried about it......................

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back