April was the hottest in 350 years (1 Viewer)

here in connecticut weve has temperatures in the morings as low as in the 20s to the higs in the 80 and over 10 inches of rain for the month :mad: welcome to new england

Temps average or just below... no where close to record highs nor record lows... typical Virginia Spring... kinda what I remember from living here as a kid in 61-63... before we moved back to Shakey Town... Never Breathe Air you can't see or stand on ground that doesn't move...

Oh, by the way... That's why they keep Bloody Records... now go watch Bikini Beach....

I know I took a picture when it was snowing on April the 8th about 20 years ago. This year it was snowing on April 15th when I left the house. The weather is finally VERY nice.

We had snow here in Albuq. just 2 weeks ago, Last Dec. 30 had 16" of snow, the most since Dec. '59! How bout that Global warming!!!:p

So that means it was even hotter 350 years ago when there were no factories, cars, trucks, SUV's or anything else burning fossil fuels. And mankind is responsible for global warming? :rolleyes:

So that means it was even hotter 350 years ago when there were no factories, cars, trucks, SUV's or anything else burning fossil fuels. And mankind is responsible for global warming? :rolleyes:

Quiet Brett. You just said what all the moonbats were hoping that no one else would figure out. :D

Quiet Brett. You just said what all the moonbats were hoping that no one else would figure out. :D

No... the "moonbats" just proved that as usual, people who don't seem to believe climate change is happening find it very easy to prove their ignorance!

Its not "the hottest April for 350 years" just because there was a hotter one 350 years ago, but simply as there are no detailed records from an earlier date. ie: it is the hottest April on record which you would have known if you could have been bothered to avail yourselves of the facts.

Stating we're having all this snow in April, doesn't cut it as an "equal and opposite" argument either as it is well known that "climate change" will, as well as warming the ice caps, cause normal weather patterns in temporate areas to become more severe, whether they are in the hot or cold direction. Maybe if the US political parties stopped treating this as a political issue and instead like the rest of the civilised world had an all-party agreement on the problem, instead of saying the "global warming" theroists are attacking capitalism, they could maybe see a way forward to helping develop the technology to combat the situation, and thus encourage growth in new industry, and decrease reliance on the US's dwindling oil and fossil fuel deposits at the same time.

And no this is most definitely not some Hutchinsonesque attack on the US, but actually just an appeal to those in a place I like very much to not get left behind by the rest of the world.

Last edited:
No... the "moonbats" just proved that as usual, people who don't seem to believe climate change is happening find it very easy to prove their ignorance!

Its not "the hottest April for 350 years" just because there was a hotter one 350 years ago, but simply as there are no detailed records from an earlier date. ie: it is the hottest April on record which you would have known if you could have been bothered to avail yourselves of the facts.

Stating we're having all this snow in April, doesn't cut it as an "equal and opposite" argument either as it is well known that "climate change" will, as well as warming the ice caps, cause normal weather patterns in temporate areas to become more severe, whether they are in the hot or cold direction. Maybe if the US political parties stopped treating this as a political issue and instead like the rest of the civilised world had an all-party agreement on the problem, instead of saying the "global warming" theroists are attacking capitalism, they could maybe see a way forward to helping develop the technology to combat the situation, and thus encourage growth in new industry, and decrease reliance on the US's dwindling oil and fossil fuel deposits at the same time.

And no this is most definitely not some Hutchinsonesque attack on the US, but actually just an appeal to those in a place I like very much to not get left behind by the rest of the world.

So all of these Fishing boats trapped near Newfoundland because of Excessively Thick Ice means Global Whining is taking the week off?

http://www.boston.com/news/world/articles/2007/04/23/icebreakers_sent_to_free_fishing_boats/

Chris,
The polar ice cap on Mars is melting. Human activity on planet earth is just as responsible for climate change on Mars as it is for climate change on earth. We aren't causing it, we can't cause it, and anything done to try to affect climate change in a direction some deem as desirable would be and is an exercise in futility, not to mention a huge waste of money.

I survived the ice age in the 70's, I'll survive global warming too.

It's like advertising, say enough and people will start to believe it's true! :cool:

Maybe people in this country are used to liberals who disrespect those who dare to question, much less disagree with them. That first indication of low intelligence doesn't exactly caused you to be open to being swayed by anything they have to say afterwards.

I'll say it again. The earth does more in one fart than man will ever do.

Mount Pinatubo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The volcano's eruption in June 1991..."

"The powerful eruption of such an enormous volume of lava and ash injected significant quantities of aerosols and dust into the stratosphere. Sulfur dioxide oxidised in the atmosphere to produce a haze of sulfuric acid droplets, which gradually spread throughout the stratosphere over the year following the eruption. The injection of aerosols into the stratosphere is thought to have been the largest since the eruption of Krakatoa in 1883, with a total mass of SO2 of about 17 million tons being injected—the largest volume ever recorded by modern instruments."

"This very large stratospheric injection resulted in a reduction in the normal amount of sunlight reaching the earth's surface by up to 5% (see figure). This led to a decrease in northern hemisphere average temperatures of 0.5–0.6 °C (0.9–1.1 °F), and a global fall of about 0.4 °C (0.7 °F). At the same time, the temperature in the stratosphere rose to several degrees higher than normal, due to absorption of radiation by the aerosols. The stratospheric cloud from the eruption persisted in the atmosphere for three years after the eruption."

When you're talking about since the invention of modern instruments, you are talking about such a short flash in time.

Anyone who's been around me knows about my contributions to Global Warming! I can see a T-Shirt, on the back it will say "Global warming contributor!"

This thread refers to 350 Years of record keeping? A short 200 years ago man was still reading by fire. Are we to trust his predecessors' instrumentation when he still took a dump in a shed to the rear of his home and communicated solely by word of mouth?
Before I'll panic over these historical trends, I'll consider the quality and accuracy of their measuring devices. Common sense must enter the equation somewhere?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back