Anyone interested in a 1955 Jr. Stocker (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
A friend from the 'old days', Tim Neja (Brother of Tom Neja of Neja & Dissette)
pulled his 1955 Chevy Jr. Stocker out of the barn and dusted her off. He has stated that he wants to turn her into a street rod. :eek:

A couple of the folks in the Stock/Super Stock Yahoo group urged him NOT to do that. He took inventory of his parts, and here they are.

PLEASE, if you know of anyone who might be interested in buying this original Junior Stocker to keep in Jr. Stock Trim, please let me know.

Here's what Tim posted this morning.

Well I did an inventory at my old garage today---the COMPLETE 265 /
3 speed / rear end is still there in good condition. It would be
relative easy to put the car back together---it's set up now from
the NHRA 1974 Super Stock rules time period. So the rear end hasn't
been tubbed yet--but the springs have been moved into the frame
rails! The original rear end everything is just sitting there--could
be put back together relatively easily--but like you said--I'm
looking for a comfort "streeter" to play with. Don't really want to
drive this baby every day---I DO love 55's-- but if someone really
wants to keep this original--I would sell it and build a different
car for every day cruiser.--MAKE ME AN OFFER --- it still has the
original paint--not completely dead-but needs a really good cleanup
as it's been in a barn for 30 years!!!

FYI
Tim Neja
JR Stocker original

If I were in a position to buy this car, I would, just to keep it from being chopped. :(

Where is the car now (Calif.)? and can we get pictures? How much is he thinking it's worth. I just might know a guy in Reno that could be interested in saving it. ;) :D

Yes, Tim still lives in Costa Mesa. I've been trying to get photos of the car for awhile. :confused:

Back in the day, we called him "The Kid".... everyone was so down after Tom was killed, we (NED racers) rallied around him. They were out here running in Division One. When they first came out, (and started beating some of the NED heads) we got an attitude. But once we got to know Tom & Ray & Tim, we just loved 'em. I can remember the last time I saw Tom was at a race at Englishtown. They were leaving the next day to run a race in Div 7. Back then, you could run outside of your division, but you had to have raced 'x' amount of races in your own, for the points to go there. After the accident, there were no dry eyes when talking about those guys from Division 7. At the Division Banquet, Tim came out for the presentation of a special award that was made up for Tom.

I'll see if I can light a fire under the Kid (how many years have passed? :p ) to get some pictures. I DO NOT want to see an in tact Junior Stocker, well, you know.... it should be kept as a time capsule for that era. But, what do I know? :confused: ;)

I have a couple of pictures of the 55 but I don't know how to post them.

Jean, I have your email address, so I'll send them to you.

Now it looks like Tim may be thinking about working on it as a Jr. Stocker and then selling it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back