Another Clutch Crisis? (1 Viewer)

Triple Nickel II

Nitro Member
Wasn't it about a decade ago when teams were on a scavenger hunt for old clutch discs when the "new" one's material was not as consistent from disc to disc?

If we thought things were bad then, I can't wait to see what happens in about 3 months when Raybestos quits producing fuel clutch discs.

:::Drag Racing Online::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 1/26/2009

Will this be another situation like when Shoe was trying to corner the market on all of the carbon fiber raw materials?

Wasn't it about a decade ago when teams were on a scavenger hunt for old clutch discs when the "new" one's material was not as consistent from disc to disc?

If we thought things were bad then, I can't wait to see what happens in about 3 months when Raybestos quits producing fuel clutch discs.

Will this be another situation like when Shoe was trying to corner the market on all of the carbon fiber raw materials?

Oh great.:rolleyes:

i'm glad we only go through about 6-7 in a year and have about 200 sitting at the shop

How about a Lenco Drive-
or a good T400?

Remember Jungle in Brutus? (one of the best photos!)

Lee
Nitroclovers

Wonder if Prudhomme's still got his B & M Torkmaster???? LOL!

Fluid couplings may yet have their day in the sun....

Is Boninfante the only company that makes the discs , What about AFT , and I am sure John Force racing makes their own .

Wonder if Prudhomme's still got his B & M Torkmaster???? LOL!

Fluid couplings may yet have their day in the sun....

Bill,

You're dating Us... :D
remember when floppers had 727's in them;)
Those we're the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end....

d'kid

I thought I had heard sometime back that Boninfante had purchased the racing clutch business from Raybestos.

During the last clutch plate crisis, wasn't the plates the fuel cars were using a part made for .Caterpillar ? At that time the problem was consistency, not supply. Raybestos wasn't too sympathetic because racing was such a small part of those plates.

Jay

The last "clutch crisis" was back in 95.

For some reason I thought Boninfante owned Raybestos, is there any relationship or are they 2 different mfg. companies?

I'm sure Ken Black's Company, Friction Unlimited, will fill the void quite nicely. Also look to see some off shore companies jump on this. If Ace Manufacturing wanted to, I'm sure they could ramp up production and get a piece of the action. A crisis to some, is just an opportunity to others. Having said that, the cost to team$ is not going to be cheap!

Pat

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back