Angelle got Andrew's bike..... (1 Viewer)

IMO Angelle has lost her edge, she definitely was great though. Sometimes knowing when to step away is hard. Everyone reaches a point where you have to accept you just can not do what you used to and in her case she was great making it even harder to live up too.
Is it the switch to Harley? maybe but I think she would of figured it out by now.
She should try a nitro top fuel bike haha

Personally, I think she's in her own head. I just don't see how you go from a multi-time World Champion to these kinds of struggles, especially on the starting line, without it being psychological. I can see a little loss of reaction time/touch when it comes to getting the bike/car down the track, but starting line stuff is pure focus/concentration and has very little, if anything to do with ACTUAL reaction time. To me, she seems more emotionally charged than in her championship years, which might be keeping that level of focus from happening; like she's putting an unnecessary amount of pressure on herself to get back to that form.

It's in there. I think it's just a matter of time before she gets out of her own head, starts thinking about the right things and gets back to the winner's circle.

Sean D

Personally, I think she's in her own head. I just don't see how you go from a multi-time World Champion to these kinds of struggles, especially on the starting line, without it being psychological. I can see a little loss of reaction time/touch when it comes to getting the bike/car down the track, but starting line stuff is pure focus/concentration and has very little, if anything to do with ACTUAL reaction time. To me, she seems more emotionally charged than in her championship years, which might be keeping that level of focus from happening; like she's putting an unnecessary amount of pressure on herself to get back to that form.

It's in there. I think it's just a matter of time before she gets out of her own head, starts thinking about the right things and gets back to the winner's circle.

Sean D

In the off time she became a mother, has gone through a multitude of last names for some reason or another, and got injured in her debut back to PSB racing. Plus switching not just teams but totally different bike set-ups.... I agree, give her time and she will be dominating again

Sean D
Matter of time? Its been 6 months (Gainesville)
WJ knew when he was losing multiable races on the starting line , it was time it step away.

Matter of time? Its been 6 months (Gainesville)
WJ knew when he was losing multiable races on the starting line , it was time it step away.

Apples and oranges, Steve.

To start with, WJ was never great on the starting line. Not consistently, anyway. Not only did he enjoy a performance advantage that allotted him some latitude on the starting line, the class wasn't riddled with tons of lumberjacks the majority of his career either, so RT wasn't near as important as it is today. He stayed in long after the performance AND driver gap was closed, so it's not like he left because he was losing on tons of holeshots. Plus, WJ didn't have multiple sabbaticals from the seat like Angelle has. Not making excuses for her, because maybe that shouldn't matter. MAYBE...... Warren raced consistently until he phased himself out, my guess is because he could no longer finance the R&D necessary to have a competitive race car.

I'll still stand by my opinion that her issue is more between her ears than it is anything else. She's got a mental block of some sort.

Sean D

Fist of all, 2 different bikes. inline 4 v.s. v-twin. The inline revs to the moon where as the v-twin is a torque monster. It takes times to adapt from what she was used to. A lot of people think that you can hop from one bike to the other and be the same, I think not.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back