Angelle got Andrew's bike..... (1 Viewer)

Pretty sure I read somewhere, during the past weekend, that the Harley PS bike deal being for sale to racers other than VH, is just a rumor. Maybe it was Andrew Hines saying he didn't know who started it. He also said something like it may be a possibility in the future, but that's it for the moment.
What I heard was that Harley and Vance & Hines were going to be selling pro stock bikes, not the whole operation.

What I heard was that Harley and Vance & Hines were going to be selling pro stock bikes, not the whole operation.
Right, meaning they are not selling their operation but would be making the HDs available to other racers. But apparently that is just a rumor at the moment.

What the What? And the Harley motor just bolted in? Come on now, let's be real! If that really was a bike from 2005 there had to be tons of mods to make that motor fit? And that would have to be a Suzuki! No way! My guess is that the bike that J.S. won with was the 2020 Harley drag bike that you or I could buy in a couple of months? And, Angelle had been racing a long time before she and Antron hooked up with DSR! She was a three-time champ in consecutive years, 2000, 2001 and 2002 and started racing PSM in 1996! Can you say STAR RACING and WINSTON?

Except JS doesn't ride a Harley. So how would that work? They took the HD body off and put on his stuff? Lol Only Andrew, Eddie, and Angelle ride Harley drag bikes. So how would Jerry win with one? I'm lost.

I'm going to piggy-back that question with why Tater was taken out? I'm sure that's common knowledge, but I must've missed it......

Sean D

I can answer that one, Chip was on the bike for testing and R&D reasons. It was never part of the deal to run a full season, he was testing.

Alan

i know who you shouldnt hire and that is someone who would pose a major threat to your 2 alpha bikes (andrew / eddie) lets face it angelle has not demonstrated she's the angelle of old since her comeback. KB added Bo who is an exceptional driver and often caused greg and jason to lose to their own stuff and allen johnson added jeg to his team a few years ago and cost him a championship. with those 2 examples the additional drivers came with a very large check, so losing to them didnt hurt that bad but, if your gonna give away a free ride, why shoot yourself in the foot by hiring an exceptional driver.

i know who you shouldnt hire and that is someone who would pose a major threat to your 2 alpha bikes (andrew / eddie) lets face it angelle has not demonstrated she's the angelle of old since her comeback. KB added Bo who is an exceptional driver and often caused greg and jason to lose to their own stuff and allen johnson added jeg to his team a few years ago and cost him a championship. with those 2 examples the additional drivers came with a very large check, so losing to them didnt hurt that bad but, if your gonna give away a free ride, why shoot yourself in the foot by hiring an exceptional driver.

When Angelle wins (and she will) Harley-Davidson still wins, Vance and Hines still wins, tell me again who loses?

If Angelle wins a Championship do you think Harley-Davidson would be upset about that? I can see the add campaign now, "Women win on Harleys!" You really think they would be mad about it not being Drew or Eddie?

Andrew went win-less last year and Eddie is win-less so far this year. Does Harley or V&H seem concerned about that?

Alan

alan R your dragracing political correctness is something to behold. what evidence do u have that she will definitely win. of course, she could get a break or two and win, but she hasnt really imposed her will on the field as of yet despite having a good bike. now erica is some one that's winless who i would all but guarantee will win a race before the year is out. erica has the consistent rt's, a top 5 car and simply has run up against the wrong car at the wrong time mixed with some horrible luck. I'm sure eddie was thrilled when he heard the news that someone who took a poke at him on national tv is joining the team and wouldn't mind at all losing to her 😊

I can answer that one, Chip was on the bike for testing and R&D reasons. It was never part of the deal to run a full season, he was testing.

Alan

Gracias.....

You hire anybody it takes to get the job done. You're either a team member that wants to win for the betterment of the team or you're not. If you get the red-a$$ at someone you hired beating you, not only are you mentally weak, you're weak at what you do, and obviously need to focus on getting better rather than trying to win in an empty fashion. I've suspected that kinda stuff has went on several times over the years over all the classes at one time or another, and each time I was disappointed in the team hierarchy, especially in situations where diving wasn't warranted, like early in a season when points weren't tight.

Sean D

alan R your dragracing political correctness is something to behold. what evidence do u have that she will definitely win. of course, she could get a break or two and win, but she hasnt really imposed her will on the field as of yet despite having a good bike. now erica is some one that's winless who i would all but guarantee will win a race before the year is out. erica has the consistent rt's, a top 5 car and simply has run up against the wrong car at the wrong time mixed with some horrible luck. I'm sure eddie was thrilled when he heard the news that someone who took a poke at him on national tv is joining the team and wouldn't mind at all losing to her 😊

I don't have "evidence" but I have confidence. And I have only seen her have a "Good Bike" the last couple of weeks. Even Andrew said after the western swing that they needed to give her a better bike. It would appear that they have. Don't know if you ever competed in sports but many an "enemy" when on the other team has become a valuable teammate when circumstances change. Angelle and Eddie get along Great! While still poking fun at each other.

Alan

yes as a matter of fact i did compete in sports years ago and i hate my enemies today as much as i hated them back then (but thats another story):p To get back to the original debate, if years ago Allen Johnson had enuff of his own funding for a team car, would he have still hired Jeg as a paid second driver ? maybe i'm selfish but hiring someone better than yourself to drive your second car would be counter intuitive in your personal pursuit for a championship. its a selfish position to take but i bet most wouldn't do it

yes as a matter of fact i did compete in sports years ago and i hate my enemies today as much as i hated them back then (but thats another story):p To get back to the original debate, if years ago Allen Johnson had enuff of his own funding for a team car, would he have still hired Jeg as a paid second driver ? maybe i'm selfish but hiring someone better than yourself to drive your second car would be counter intuitive in your personal pursuit for a championship. its a selfish position to take but i bet most wouldn't do it

If you think Allen hired Jeg, you have no clue.

Alan

I WOULDN'T KICK HER TO THE CURB YET....SHE IS WHAT GOT ME TO WATCH PSM...FOR MOST OF HER CAREER SHES BEEN ON A SUZUKI...I DO THINK THE HD IS A COMPLETE DIFFERENT HANDFUL FOR HER AND MAYBE V & H ARE SLOWLY BRINGING HER INTO THE BIKE...HER RT’S ARE GETTING BETTER ...I THINK YOU GOT TO HAVE A COMFORT LEVEL RIDING THAT THING...200 MPH ON 2 WHEELS IS PRETTY GUTSY TO ME....I DO HAVE A FEELING SHE IS BEING MICROSCOPED FROM A FEW AT HIGHER POSITIONS...BUT....SHE IS ALSO A VERY GOOD MARKETING TOOL FOR HD....AND BESIDES I WOULD MUCH RATHER LOOK AT HER BACKSIDE IN HD LEATHERS THAN EDDIE OR DREW..

completely misunderstood my post, so never mind !!

Going back and reading it all again, you are correct, I did misinterpret what you were trying to say. Sorry about that.
But Allen Johnson did win that championship. J&J racing won it twice, once with Allen driving and once with Jeg when Allen finished second. The team won them both.

Just for the record, Allen has enough money to race Pro Stock without taking on a renter. But if a guy is willing to pay you to provide him with a car, or an engine why wouldn't you? Even KB has figured that out. And when Bo won, he took the check straight to Ken Black.
If I'm hiring a guy I'm hiring the best guy I can get. If EE or Jeg or Alex wins the championship this year, That's still Elite Motorsports, and Richard Freeman will (rightly) claim that his team won it.

Alan

I don't have "evidence" but I have confidence. And I have only seen her have a "Good Bike" the last couple of weeks. Even Andrew said after the western swing that they needed to give her a better bike. It would appear that they have. Don't know if you ever competed in sports but many an "enemy" when on the other team has become a valuable teammate when circumstances change. Angelle and Eddie get along Great! While still poking fun at each other.

Alan
Holeshot loss .60 light at M.G.
Red at Indy
Red at Sonoma
0.161 light at Denver
Takes out the finish line blocks at Norwalk
0.120 light at Gainesville

Not trying to be mean spirited, just the facts.
You`re Confidant? OK, you know her better than I do.

IMO Angelle has lost her edge, she definitely was great though. Sometimes knowing when to step away is hard. Everyone reaches a point where you have to accept you just can not do what you used to and in her case she was great making it even harder to live up too.
Is it the switch to Harley? maybe but I think she would of figured it out by now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back