Anderson Qualifies Eleventh, Faces Familiar Foe in Topeka (1 Viewer)

On the strength of a 6.687-second, 205.98 mph pass made on his second attempt on Friday evening, Summit Racing Pro Stock driver Greg Anderson captured the eleventh starting spot for Sunday’s final eliminations of the NHRA Summer Nationals in Topeka, Kansas. In each of the final two qualifying sessions Heartland Park Topeka, the KB Racing crew worked to better adapt their race car to the track, and despite making minor gains, felt further work would be needed in order to contend for their fifth win in the Sunflower State.

Ironically, their day will start against a familiar opponent, No. 6 qualifier Ronnie Humphrey, who is not only Anderson’s brother-in-law, but also a teammate, as he pilots the Summit/Genuine Hotrod Hardware Pontiac raced in conjunction with the KB Racing team.

“We tried quite a few different things today, but unfortunately didn’t get the results we were looking for,” said Anderson. “The good news is that we made it a little better on our last run, and have at least one more shot to figure it out tomorrow, so I’m sure we’ll put together another list of potential fixes. It’s still a combination of something with the car and something with the motor, so we certainly have our work cut out for us.

“We’re not about to give up, and I’m confident we’ll find a solution. After all, we have two Summit Racing Pontiacs that are running really well, so we have plenty of data to work from. It’s just that my car is reacting differently than the others, and we have to figure out why and make the right moves in time for the first round.

“We also didn’t set the table very well, with all three Summit cars on the same side of the ladder, with Ronnie and I meeting in the first round. All we can do now is make the most of the situation, doing whatever is necessary to make sure one of our cars gets in the final. That’s what the game plan is, and it’s up to us to execute it.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back