Alexis DeJoria Racing Qualifying Report- NHRA Gatornationals (1 Viewer)

Alexis DeJoria Racing
2013 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series
44th annual NHRA Gatornationals
NHRA Raceway at Gainesville
11223 N. County Road 225
Gainesville, Fla. 32609
March 15th-17th, 2013

Alexis DeJoria Racing Qualifying Report- NHRA Gatornationals

Alexis DeJoria: Driver of the Kalitta Motorsports Tequila Patrón Toyota Camry

The Results:
Q1: 4.121 ET at 306.53 MPH (earns two bonus points for second best pass of the round)
Q2: 5.422 ET at 130.96 MPH
Q3: 5.542 ET at 130.73 MPH
Q4: 4.595 ET at 178.95 MPH

The Competition:
No. 10 Alexis DeJoria vs. No. 7 Blake Alexander

Quotables:
Alexis DeJoria, Driver
“Our first run of the weekend was great. We started off with a nice 4.12 that landed us in the No. 2 spot after the first round of qualifying. During the second session, we went out and everything seemed pretty good and then it [the car] just nosed over. I let off of it and tried to get the car stopped as fast as possible. I saw a lot of smoke and then felt fire inside the cockpit so I jumped out quickly. There was a big blaze of fire and we ended up blowing the motor. My guys worked tirelessly last night to replace the motor and get the car turned around. Today’s first run [Q3] was off to somewhat of a good start, and then again, it started to eat itself up so I shut it off early, and we ended up going through another motor. On our last qualifying run, we just wanted to make sure everything was good and the engine was doing what it needed to, so they told me to go to the 330-ft mark and shut the car off. Sure enough, we were looking to be on a good run, so the car seems to be doing what it needs to do and I feel good going into raceday tomorrow.”

TV Schedule
Qualifying
March 17th, 1:30AM-3AM EST
March 17th, 8AM-9AM EST (re-air)
ESPN2

Eliminations
March 17th, 7PM-10PM EST
ESPN2

About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria, daughter of the famed John Paul DeJoria, co-founder of John Paul Mitchell Systems and proud owner of Tequila Patr?n, is a professional NHRA race car driver, competing in the nitro Funny Car class on the Kalitta Motorsports team. She is their second nitro Funny Car driver and fourth member of the team. Alexis drives a Tequila Patr?n-sponsored 2013 Toyota Camry. Alexis, who had all the opportunity in the world to pursue any type of career, felt strongly about following her passion, and her need for adrenaline drove her to pursue the unlikely profession of auto-racing. The determination to ‘blaze her own trail’ continues to drive her and push her to higher levels in male dominated sport of drag racing.

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back