Alexander leaves BVR racing (1 Viewer)

I’m thinking he is taking his Pronto money to a different team. At least I’m getting that impression.

A lot of unanswered questions over at DSR. I’m thinking he goes that route and can run the entire season. Maybe it’s Kalitta, Millican or AJ.? I wouldn’t leave BVR out of the blue unless your getting a full time gig.

As others are saying he was either very unhappy or offered one hell of a deal somewhere else. Maybe he is filling the funding gap over at Alan Johnson. No one could turn that down!

This doesn’t surprise me. Blake is a terrific driver. Lots of talent and young. No disrespect to bob V,( correct me if im wrong) but his funding has seemed to be shakey in the past. So if Blake has sponser money to bring to a more solidly funded team it seems like he would jump to that situation. And he would be a great asset.

don't really have favorite drivers, or tuners, or owners. everyone that plays this game has my respect, but two younger guys that for some reason caught my eye years ago, and am enjoying
watching their success, are jr todd and blake alexander.

don't really have favorite drivers, or tuners, or owners. everyone that plays this game has my respect, but two younger guys that for some reason caught my eye years ago, and am enjoying
watching their success, are jr todd and blake alexander.

... and those particular two guys are not exactly vandergriffs favorites as jr todd also spurned BV a few years ago

This doesn’t surprise me. Blake is a terrific driver. Lots of talent and young. No disrespect to bob V,( correct me if im wrong) but his funding has seemed to be shakey in the past. So if Blake has sponser money to bring to a more solidly funded team it seems like he would jump to that situation. And he would be a great asset.

That's what I was thinking. BVR was the best ride he has had so far, so wouldn't make sense leaving unless for some thing better.

As Hemi6point1 said, there must be more to this.......but.....it seems we "think" we know this: BVR was gearing up for a two car assault including hiring new crew people; Alexander leaves with no notice. End of the story as we know it. IF that is the total story I cannot wish him "good luck in his new venture". It appears the Millennial lack of loyalty and changing jobs at the drop of a hat is not just in the "real world" but in the racing world as well. I feel for BV if this is the case. It is very difficult to run a business - any business - when you never know who is going to show up to work the next day.

As Hemi6point1 said, there must be more to this.......but.....it seems we "think" we know this: BVR was gearing up for a two car assault including hiring new crew people; Alexander leaves with no notice. End of the story as we know it. IF that is the total story I cannot wish him "good luck in his new venture". It appears the Millennial lack of loyalty and changing jobs at the drop of a hat is not just in the "real world" but in the racing world as well. I feel for BV if this is the case. It is very difficult to run a business - any business - when you never know who is going to show up to work the next day.
Joe, that is nonsense. Racing sponsorships change hands for all types of reasons, but it has nothing to do with someone being a "Millennnial".

Last edited:
Then you must know something I don't know about this situation. All I know is what has been publicly stated and BV was blindsided.

BV was blindsided......WOW!!! Sounds like something BV would do to his own people, as he has in the past to numerous drivers.

Then you must know something I don't know about this situation. All I know is what has been publicly stated and BV was blindsided.
No actually I don't, but I've been around long enough to know that narrative doesn't work here.

Last edited:
Can't argue with that. I guess when these pros are in the public eye every move counts and we can't believe everything we read. We will just have to see how it all unfolds. I am sure there are more surprises coming before the season starts. It's a small world, this drag racing circle.

So because you don’t know all of the ins and outs of this situation, and/or because all of the information isn’t public, you make the leaps of associating this with being a ‘millennial’ and a ‘lack of loyalty?’

Quite interesting take, to put it mildly.... To all their own, I guess....

maybe with the rumors of Antron going to Torrence, Blake will take his funding over to that team/ seat...

2018 ending TF points. 11 drivers made the entire tour. for '19, rite now safely there are 8. 9, 10, and 11 quite possible but not announced yet.
2018 ending FC points. 14 drivers made the entire tour. for '19, rite now safely there are 11 or 12, 13 and 14 questionable?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back