Alcohol & Liquor prices in UK vs. US (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
6 Longneck Bottles Bud lce - $11.75

700ml Bottle Of Jack Daniels - $33.30

700ml Bottle Of Jim Beam - $27.40

My favourite alcohol is either Bud lce or Jack Daniels, what's your favourite?

Do any of you drink Newcastle Brown Ale? lt's brewed in Newcastle Upon Tyne, only 20 mins walk from my apartment. lt's supposed to be the most popular import beer in America, is that correct?

In the UK l can purchase liquor in any supermarket, we don't have Liquor Stores like you do in the US

John...

Which Beam?????

Booker
Baker
White
Black
Kiln Creek
Should I go on????:D

By the By.... Don't do beer normally...
DOS XX if I do...

Last edited:
John...

Which Beam?????

Booker
Baker
White
Black
Kiln Creek
Should I go on????:D

By the By.... Don't do beer normally...
DOS XX if I do...

White Jim Beam, you can't purchase any others in the UK.

At the Charles De Gualle, Paris Airport a few years ago. You could buy bottles of Jack Daniels Silver which was 90% proof, l've never seen that on sale even in America.

John,
I doubt you will get much response on this site about liquor prices as Im sure there are very few people that drink on this site!:D:D:D:;)

6 Longneck Bottles Bud lce - $11.75

700ml Bottle Of Jack Daniels - $33.30

700ml Bottle Of Jim Beam - $27.40

My favourite alcohol is either Bud lce or Jack Daniels, what's your favourite?

Do any of you drink Newcastle Brown Ale? lt's brewed in Newcastle Upon Tyne, only 20 mins walk from my apartment. lt's supposed to be the most popular import beer in America, is that correct?

In the UK l can purchase liquor in any supermarket, we don't have Liquor Stores like you do in the US

HOLY S$$$!!! - 700 ml of Jack (my favorite) $33.30? We buy 1.75 liters by the case for $28.00 a bottle! My business partner and I are both JD Tennessee Squires - we're workin' on buyin' it by the barrel direct from Lynchberg - :eek:

Newcastle may be the most popular "dark ale" import in the USA, but it is not the "most popular import" overall. Corona has it crushed by a ton (I would even guess that Heineken is ahead of it). A lot of people I know are not aware Corona is an import since it is so ubiquitous. I even dated a girl for a short while who thought it was brewed locally in Vegas !!! (I also had her convinced there were sharks in Lake Mead, but that is a whole 'nother story)

As for me and liquors, there is only one and Kentucky Bourbon is thy name. I like Maker's Mark ($23 750mL) and if I am feeling like spending a few extra bucks, I step up to Woodford Reserve ($40-45 750mL). If I am feeling really spendy, then I go to the Pappy Van Winkle 20 year (hard to get out West, $100-120 750mL). If you are feeling cheap, hey it can happen to all of us, I would recommend Early Times ($9 750mL), the best "value" Kentucky bourbon, cheaper than Beam and tastes better too. Any of the above on the rocks with a splash of water will do ya fine (except for the Pappy Van Winkle, it should be taken straight up and sipped at a leisurely pace, Pappy is to be savored drop by drop).

As for beer, there is always Bud Light ($12 for 18 pack 12 oz bottles) in the fridge, it is CHEAP, clean, refreshing and goes down easy, and you can drink several without feeling like shite the next morning. From there I go up to Pacifico ($13 for 12 pack 12 oz bottles), the best Mexican beer hands down, it cannot even be debated. From there I will generally go to micro brews, Fat Tire (not really a micro brew these days, $7 for 6 pack 12 oz bottles) is always good. I make a quick trip to the Hofbrauhaus in Vegas at least once a month to get the Bavarian brew ($8 half liter, $15 liter), I love all of their seasonals as well, the Maibock was excellent this year. I have only recently discovered IPAs, and all I can say is ME LIKEY! I don't really have a favorite yet, as I am still experimenting, but the Red Hook Long Hammer IPA ($7 for 6 pack 12 oz bottles) is the leader in the clubhouse followed closely by Alexander Keith's IPA ($8 for 6 pack 12 oz bottles), but since it is brewed in Halifax, it is very hard to get in Vegas. BJs has a good IPA ($6 pint, $8 for 23 oz) on draft in their restaurant (most all of their varieties are good), but I think they are a regional chain, they may not be outside of NV, AZ and SoCal. Blue Moon Belgian White and Stella Artois are always good off the tap as well.

If someone holds a gun to my head and makes me drink British, then it is a toss up between Boddington's, Tetley's or Old Speckled Hen. If I have to drink Scotch then it is Johnny Walker Black or Blue. I have found the much touted single malts overrated and overpriced, but that could just be my inherent Kentucky bias ;)

EDIT Forgot prices ... oops ... of course prices vary by location, all prices are in US Dollars unless otherwise noted, no warranty is expressed or implied and no animals were harmed in the making of this post

Last edited:
HOLY S$$$!!! - 700 ml of Jack (my favorite) $33.30? We buy 1.75 liters by the case for $28.00 a bottle! My business partner and I are both JD Tennessee Squires - we're workin' on buyin' it by the barrel direct from Lynchberg - :eek:

I have successfully converted all JD drinkers I know to Maker's Mark. You will be next ... prepare to be assimilated. Life is too short to drink anything but Kentucky Bourbon.

I have successfully converted all JD drinkers I know to Maker's Mark. You will be next ... prepare to be assimilated. Life is too short to drink anything but Kentucky Bourbon.

Soooo . . . you think you are going to convert a sour mash drinkin' Tennesse Squire to that product from a state to the (dare I say it?) NORTH of Tennessee? Suh - them is fightin' words!
My son-in-law is a huge Makers Mark fan and it is a very finely crafted spirit - he has tried to convert me for years . . . to no avail.
Uncle Jack's Sour Mash is not for the faint of heart, but you will have to pry that 1.75 liter black labeled bottle from my cold dead hands before i drink Bourbon! - ;)

Soooo . . . you think you are going to convert a sour mash drinkin' Tennesse Squire to that product from a state to the (dare I say it?) NORTH of Tennessee? Suh - them is fightin' words!
My son-in-law is a huge Makers Mark fan and it is a very finely crafted spirit - he has tried to convert me for years . . . to no avail.
Uncle Jack's Sour Mash is not for the faint of heart, but you will have to pry that 1.75 liter black labeled bottle from my cold dead hands before i drink Bourbon! - ;)

Kentucky is still South of the North, and that is all that matters.

You could be a tough convert, father-in-laws are not supposed to like what their son-in-laws like let alone be a convert to the son-in-laws way of thinking, it's that whole competition thing for dominant male in the family ... at least drink Gentleman Jack or Single Barrell Jack so you can still respect yourself in the morning.

AH-HA ... I've got it. You could pour Maker's into the JD Black bottle .... normally a cardinal sin, but in this case an elaborate ruse that gives you the satisfaction of getting over on the son-in-law AND drinking the far superior version of Whisky ....

Chris, you are a man after my own heart. Or liver, actually... Nice comprehensive rundown of some excellent brews and sprits. You and John will know this one- Hendrick's Small Batch Gin. For those of you that enjoy G&T, this is, by far, the best I've ever tasted. Introduced to me in London bar last year- been having a helluva time finding it until lately. Excellent with a cucumber slice (legnthwise, paper thin) as a garnish. Recieved a bottle for Christmas, so I don't know the US cost yet.

As far as suds, I am partial to Belgian Ales, like Corsendonk... Those monks were making some good stuff up in those abbeys..:D

Kentucky is still South of the North, and that is all that matters.

You could be a tough convert, father-in-laws are not supposed to like what their son-in-laws like let alone be a convert to the son-in-laws way of thinking, it's that whole competition thing for dominant male in the family ... at least drink Gentleman Jack or Single Barrell Jack so you can still respect yourself in the morning.

AH-HA ... I've got it. You could pour Maker's into the JD Black bottle .... normally a cardinal sin, but in this case an elaborate ruse that gives you the satisfaction of getting over on the son-in-law AND drinking the far superior version of Whisky ....

New sissified JD products are way too smooth! When you get a little heavy handed with the real stuff on your first drink of the day, that "necksnapper" is a rush! - :D Fun stuff Chris, thanks! - Jim

I would just love to know who decided to put Lynchburg right in the middle of a dry county?

Finished the tour, looking foward to a sample and we get lemonade (bloody good lemonade) instead of some of Jack's finest.

:):confused::)

John, Bud Ice huh!:eek:

We've partaken in your countries ales, last time over there they were $7.50+ USD a pint!!
Favorites are Sam Smith's cast ale, Old Peculiar, and wifey likes the Stella.
At our Pub, ya'll would consider most of them swill: Harps, Bass, Newcastle, and Stella.
A 16 USGallon keg of Harp is $180 USD.

Cheers ya'll
RO

:eek: Just saw on the news that the iron-free spring that supplies the water for Jack Daniels is suffering the effects of the drought that is happening in the state!!! Stock up now, Jim!!! :p

Jack Daniels 750ml is 18.99 + tax, half gallons are 32.00 + tax, Jim Beam 750ml is around 15.00 + tax, My favoriate single malt scotch Glenlivet is 29.00 for 750ml, as for beer I don't screw around with cans or bottles, a pony keg of Budwieser is 49.11 tax title and out the door. a 1/6 barrel (six shooter) of Michelobe Ultra Amber which is good stuff, runs me 52.00 with tax. My kegerator will hold two ponys or three six shooters. It is the only way to buy it if you drink beer, no waste and no trash.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back