What's new

Alamo City Motorplex (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Just read that the track (by San Antonio) has become NHRA. I had read that the track was having problems with the way it was run, etc. They now have a new GM, Madyson Ayesh. The track is run by the Mianibi Family. Anyway, I thought this was good news. The switch to NHRA has brought the track some new events. This is an old track, has been around since the 1960's I think. When I was in basic training at Lackland AFB, I would hear ads on the radio for drag races there, 1964. By the way, I had a chance to visit Lackland last year and was amazed at how it has changed. heh

turbo ken

Nitro Member
San Antonio Raceway now Alamo City Motorplex was opened in 1999. In the 1960's there was Double Eagle Dragway, then San Antonio Drag Raceway. The old Double Eagle/San Antonio Drag Raceway is now sadly a cheap home sub division.

Cliff

Nitro Member
Thanks Ken. Didn't realize the old track is gone. The track that is there now used to be IHRA. I remember watching races from there on TV. I'm glad the track is there. Would be sad if a city the size of San Antonio didn't have a track. I have family in College Station and we went to San Antonio in 2018. Went right by the track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)