Al-Anabi TF domination? - perhaps not. (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Appears that predictions of Schumacher's demise as a TF racer might have been a little exaggerated. Army car is thundering under Mike Green's tuning.
And . . . Mike Ashley looks pretty damn smart to have retained his guys to put Antron past both Al-Anabi and DSR!

Kudos to Dan Olsen of NHRA and the Firebird crew for constantly working on the racing surface. Runs like these aren't made on a poorly prepared track. Lots of tire shake, but virtually so "smokers".

Lets not speak to soon , testing is meaningless for determining results because we don't know what they were trying . Lets wait and see.

I don't think the track is very good, yeah if you make it, it runs good, but for the most part, I was not impressed with anybody really, except Antron.
Read Tascas little article about it.. He said the track is junk pretty much.

Lots of really great crew chiefs out there. The real comparison should come on race day when conditions are changing....an area where AJ has prehaps no equal.

Tasca said the track was over-glued. I've heard complaints in the past that Firebird is a grease pit. What's the deal? Good track but wrong prep?

Lets not speak to soon , testing is meaningless for determining results because we don't know what they were trying . Lets wait and see.

Amen!
Not only because it's testing. Do you really think Alan showed his stuff in testing? I don't think so, come race day my money will always be on Alan's team. ;)
Tony's a great driver but Larry ain't bad either. The fact that Alan wanted him so bad to drive must tell you something don't it.....
Antrone and Tony's high .70's runs are stout but I'm still not convinced with Mike if he wins races and a championship he will be suspect to me.
Here's a question would you bet against Alan's team? If you do I will take that bet! ;):p

Would you care to elaborate?? :confused:

Easy, bottomline, as in stick and ball sports no championships no cigar!
And I'm talking about him being the crew chief of a team and taking them all the way pretty simple what's with the confused sign? :p
You can have records. He don't. You can win races he has. Championships as the Crew Chief none.
Pretty simple Mel.....:rolleyes:

It's not like the Schumacher empire didn't retain a significant amount of data to establish an already existing baseline, so their strong performance out of the gate should be no surprise to anyone. Nor should it be a surprise to anyone that AJ's operation isn't leading the pack right out of the gate with a bunch of new chemistry to establish.

Everyone outside the AJ camp better enjoy it while they can, that's all I can say, because it's just a matter of time.

Sean D

Nor should it be a surprise to anyone that AJ's operation isn't leading the pack right out of the gate with a bunch of new chemistry to establish.

When I said that here a month or so ago, I was attacked... "Domination will be assured" I was told. "Same crew and stuff, just wait and see." :rolleyes:

I've seen this too many times before. Alan is just playing rope-a-dope. When it comes time for the fight, he'll come out swinging, believe me, and Dixon will be guiding the punches.

I remember reading an interview with Alan Johnson once where he said that anyone can run fast but the good tuners are the ones that can get the car to consistantly perform the same every single run . The one thing I have noticed is that so many teams go out there and say we have to win this race , we have to win this championship and thats what they are focused on . Yet with teams Alan Johnson has been involved with seem to focus more on winning rounds and they say that winning rounds win races . Its like Tony schumacher last year he wouldn't go on about winning races or championships he would go on about the importance of winning rounds.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back