Aftermarket Nightmare (1 Viewer)

DanTheFan

Nitro Member
Not really a ‘nitro’ or NHRA kind of issue but this (long) article describes the EPA attack on auto enthusiasts. We know this has been going on but within the article I learned of some very familiar companies getting hit. It does impact the future of racing too, especially for street machines.

This has been going on in California since 1979ish.
Impressive firepower for the EPA ... They're here too protect the air.
What about the children at school?
EPA-Targets-Aftermarket-Car-Modifications-8-1-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:
The EPA is made up of un-elected career bureaucrats who have very few checks and balances. They have almost unlimited power. What they say goes. We have these agencies throughout our government.

Lets not forget a majority of these folks could not troubleshoot a lawnmower to get it to start,one of the earliest known righthoods to becoming an adult. As a youngster (and probabley a lot of members here) I was required to mow our yard, roughly the size of a football field with only a push mower,and whenever it would breakdown (which it did frequently) my father and I would field dress it right there (no shade),then walk up to the Western Auto Hardware store,(open 7 days a week) buy whatever parts were needed, go back and he would watch and instruct me how to repair the mower right there in the field. And then finish the job,sometimes late. I cant pinpoint what that taught me as a youngster,but it taught me something. Most of the bureaucrats today never had it so good as a youngster.And thats too bad.
They don't know you but they dislike your hobby,or what I call an outlet. But they have no problem with China ramping up coal fired powerplants either....

Lets not forget a majority of these folks could not troubleshoot a lawnmower to get it to start,one of the earliest known righthoods to becoming an adult. As a youngster (and probabley a lot of members here) I was required to mow our yard, roughly the size of a football field with only a push mower,and whenever it would breakdown (which it did frequently) my father and I would field dress it right there (no shade),then walk up to the Western Auto Hardware store,(open 7 days a week) buy whatever parts were needed, go back and he would watch and instruct me how to repair the mower right there in the field. And then finish the job,sometimes late. I cant pinpoint what that taught me as a youngster,but it taught me something. Most of the bureaucrats today never had it so good as a youngster.And thats too bad.
They don't know you but they dislike your hobby,or what I call an outlet. But they have no problem with China ramping up coal fired powerplants either....
Aaah, poor baby, you had it so rough. How dare these youngsters not have it rough like you did.

Aaah, poor baby, you had it so rough. How dare these youngsters not have it rough like you did.
Rough. lol
Sucking off mom's teet until your 30, then the government, is the way too do it, right.

Glad you're good though, while the world goes to **** and learns nothing without an open book test. That's the type of thinking that got us here.

I’ve come to the realization that the USA is going to hell in a hand basket. Glad I’m old
While I totally agree. Weren't we supposed to leave this place for the better, of future generations. Makes me cry too think of those who served and gave their lives for what we have allowed to happen.

Rough. lol
Sucking off mom's teet until your 30, then the government, is the way too do it, right.

Glad you're good though, while the world goes to **** and learns nothing without an open book test. That's the type of thinking that got us here.
Oh please, speak for yourself. I have three kids, two are out of the house and the other is on her way to school in the fall, and it didn't take them mowing football size fields of grass with a piece of **** lawn mower, that should have been maintenance before mowing the grass (Work smarter, not harder, as my U.S. Army Veteran Father use to tell me) to accomplish their work ethic & position in life. Yup, I'm good, and the world will continue on long after you and I are both long gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give it up, cave in, throw in the towel, call it what you want but the ICE is being phased out. We'll be driving EV's in the U.S. by 2032 whether we like it or not.
And I'm sure the goverment will pass a law you can't modify your EV.

Last edited:
Oh please, speak for yourself. I have three kids, two are out of the house and the other is on her way to school in the fall, and it didn't take them mowing football size fields of grass with a piece of shit lawn mower, that should have been maintenance before mowing the grass (Work smarter, not harder, as my U.S. Army Veteran Father use to tell me) to accomplish their work ethic & position in life. Yup, I'm good, and the world will continue on long after you and I are both long gone.
You should know my reply was not a personal statement, or attack. It was in general Tony. 👌

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back