Advertising Question (1 Viewer)

Dave

Nitro Member
Hi all,

I am in the process of running some ads to promote a couple of my businesses. I would like to know the places that you personally respond to ads best. Are they internet ads, print ads, mailers or what? I do have several options and I was just looking for a little feedback. Consider this market research. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

What type of business?

This has a ton to do with where to put your advertising dollar. If you could shed some light as to what type of business you wish to advertise about, the 'maters could help you with additional info on where they look for information about that type of business....

Just a thought...

What type of business?

This has a ton to do with where to put your advertising dollar. If you could shed some light as to what type of business you wish to advertise about, the 'maters could help you with additional info on where they look for information about that type of business....

Just a thought...

Dave,

Thanks for the response. Actually I have three businesses. First, is a Sign Company which does Signs, Banners, Vehicle Graphics, and Stickers. Next, is my Graphic Design Company. I do Sponsorship Renderings, Paint Scheme Designs, Logo Designs, T-Shirt Designs, Paintings and the like. Finally, a Personal Safety & Surveillance Product company that sells items (online) such as Pepper Spray, Nanny Cams, Personal Alarms, Complete Surveillance Camera Systems, and other Security products.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Dave

We are an automotive shop, and we have the best results with print advertising. We do a monthly magazine style called Cash Saver, and a flyer insert with another bundle put out by the Penny Saver. These seem to generate more than newspaper print ads for us.

I’ve recently began experimenting with Google adwords. So far I haven’t noticed any real increase in web site traffic or increased sales from the advertising. I’m still fine tuning the wording of my ads and the keywords which trigger them. I’ll have a opinion of adwords by the end of next month. When advertising on Google you can choose where (geographically) you would like to concentrate you advertising. World wide, US only or you can enter a zip code of the area your company services and just advertise locally. You pay “per click” (when someone clicks your advertisement) and you can set a monthly spending limit so there is no surprises at the end of the month. The more you spend, the more Google will show you ad in search results. Like I said, I just started experimenting with this. If it doesn’t help my sales, I can stop my ad campaign whenever I want because there is no contract….. :)

I’ve recently began experimenting with Google adwords. So far I haven’t noticed any real increase in web site traffic or increased sales from the advertising. I’m still fine tuning the wording of my ads and the keywords which trigger them. I’ll have a opinion of adwords by the end of next month. When advertising on Google you can choose where (geographically) you would like to concentrate you advertising. World wide, US only or you can enter a zip code of the area your company services and just advertise locally. You pay “per click” (when someone clicks your advertisement) and you can set a monthly spending limit so there is no surprises at the end of the month. The more you spend, the more Google will show you ad in search results. Like I said, I just started experimenting with this. If it doesn’t help my sales, I can stop my ad campaign whenever I want because there is no contract….. :)

I have been looking at that too, please report back on how you like it.

I own a clothing company that pertains to racing. I do online and at track sells, but need to find a way to reach more people. Unfortunatly for me the best thing is track sells and I don't have the time or the money to travel to all the races.

Last edited:
Dave Labs,

the best advertising I ever saw of yours was on Brent Fanning and Vickie. I am just kidding I could not resist it. I worked with them on a team for a while and forever saw your name on stuff all over the US and Canada.

Seriously though. Dave have you looked at Competition Plus and sites such as that. I bet they would give you some good bang for your buck. Also their guys travel all over so some T-shirts might carry a lot of weight long term with them wearing them or some logos for the vehicles when they travel. Just a thought. I bet Roger and Bobby would do you a good job as they are good people. Just my opinion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back