AB new 2022 TF team (1 Viewer)

Allen Johnson retired Not Alan Johnson! Allen was pro stock, Alan Johnson is Top Fuel. There is a difference. Check the spelling of the first name also.
Re-read your post #7, you spelled it Allen and people are busting your chops. 🤣

what is surprising and IMO really cool is that this story seems to have broke on racer.com. at least today, it is not on nhra or cp websites.
AB and the companies who follow with him will do great things.
This is actually old news. This story broke in the off-season prior to the 2020 season. It would have happened this year if not for the financial issues of the last year. Here is a link to an article from January 2020.

Steve ran some DSR heads for a brief period ('17/'18) and that was really just a handful of races. You will find that the Torrence's still run AJPE heads. Kalitta have been running their own cylinder heads for a few seasons now.

Everyone runs to DSR and JFR racing for parts and such. Now you have the Torrences.... They get their $hit from Allen Johnson. Allen is a total genius Period. He manufactures the products and tells them how to run those products. Maybe, instead of buying said cylinder head and winging it, take the advice of Allen Johnson. There is a reason why Steve is kicking ass. He's not buying a product of someone's CNC duplicate.
Just for the record. The DSR cylinder head is not a copy of the AJPE cylinder head.

This is actually old news. This story broke in the off-season prior to the 2020 season. It would have happened this year if not for the financial issues of the last year. Here is a link to an article from January 2020.
chris, i realize it is old news, but the racer.com article was posted 5/19 by kelly crandall for racer.com. the article you linked was from 1/20 on autoweek.com by a different person.
really happy to see someone continuing to run with this story as the 21' season is getting underway.

Does DSR fill his seat with Tony Stewart?
Doubt Smoke has time for a full season with us but would love to see him @ a bunch of events especially Indy. How cool would it be if Krista was to fill one of the DSR seats though.

Perhaps Tony Stewart could share a seat with Tony Schumacher? I'm betting Stewart with his influence could come up with a sponsor for the car. With Antron departing that leaves I believe on!y 1 top fuel car that will be left with DSR.

just stop with the tony 2x b.s.; why does everyone assume they mite be in the mix? tony s. assured us the 'right' (meaning: pay me big money to drive for at least 3-5 years) marketing sponsor
would come along........well, we can all see how well that worked out for him.......meanwhile, AB has surrounded himself with great people and is marching forward as a new owner.
nothing but total respect for AB.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back